Red Factories or Croix de Guerre 2nd ed?

Which is the better module?

• Red Factories

• Croix de Guerre 2nd ed

Results are only viewable after voting.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Whilst I wait for our latest video to upload..

There have been some easy ones so far, but this one is a bit trickier. For the purposes of this poll we're not considering the Red Barricades content as that has its own entry.

If you had to pick just one... (picking RF doesn't preclude you from ever playing any French scenarios again, of course, it's more the asl value of the module)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would go with RF, easy, playable CG's that wont tax your brain and are fun not a chore to complete.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
CdG opens to a much larger variety of situations than RF.
Crawling in factories is fun, but not the only fun.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I voted for CdG.

It brings you updated counters for the French of higher quality than the ancient ones. Furthermore, I tend to allocate more value to a Core Module (or 2nd edition of it) than to a HASL (or 2nd edition of it). And in case of CdG 2nd, the Core Module even has a HASL in (Dinant), this combo gets my vote.

von Marwitz

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ARE YOU SUGGESTING THAT YOU WOULDS NOT BE PROCURING BOTH?!

I find your lack of commitment,....troubling.....
yep, re-education camp might be needed...

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sais it before and I'll say it again: "This bickering is pointless!"
I also have both.

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
CdG. If Red Barricades didn’t exist, Red Factories…maybe.

Another excellent and entertaining episode.
indy

zcrater

Reaction score
First name
Zeke
Country
llUnited States
This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Thanks for asking here, Dave. I cannot post comments on Youtube so this gives me a chance to vote.

My vote is Croix de Guerre. Lots of scenarios. An entire nationality of possibilities, Norway to Madagascar, west Africa to Indochina. A campaign game for those that likes such. While I own two copies of everything, Croix de Guerre all the way in this round.

Zeke

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
If I had to pick just one within the context of the question....it would have to be C de G due to how much time and area it covers, plus an early war Campaign Game.

While I already have Red Barricades, I bought Red October to expand and enhance it.

If I had only played RB and didn't own it, it would be a very tough choice between the two.
But of course, in the real world there is no choice except to own both (the definition of "win/win" perhaps?). :)👍

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Croix de Guerre as it is a core module introducing the French as a nationality (and I didn't own it until this second edition was released).

Red Factories is fun (although some of the scenarios seem a bit one sided) but it's not a CORE module so my vote is
Croix de Guerre

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Thanks for asking here, Dave. I cannot post comments on Youtube so this gives me a chance to vote.

My vote is Croix de Guerre. Lots of scenarios. An entire nationality of possibilities, Norway to Madagascar, west Africa to Indochina. A campaign game for those that likes such. While I own two copies of everything, Croix de Guerre all the way in this round.

Zeke
My take is CdG, especially if you don't have the original French Module BUT over the years I have got more damn fun from RB than most core modules, it is that good a HASL, though RO is not quite as balanced. You need BOTH to fully enjoy this hobby...

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am working on a way to balance the RO campaign... I have done a lot of research and the additions I have made to it turn it into a meatgrinder like it should be...there is no more walk thru of the Hall. there are threnches and walkways, and the furnace locations are connected and fortified. Also the Observers can be hidden on the smoke stacks, enhancing their LOS ..........Also with the trenches and ditches int eh Hall OBA does not play havoc like it did before...