Red Factories: O5.43 and Shooting into Factories from above.

nathan brown

Infrequent Flyer
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
In the two 05.43 examples and lets focus on Squad O at L2 in EX2 shooting into the lets say 1.5 lvl Factory

the higher shooting units are close to the Factory they are shooting into.

The Question please: Can you always see into a Factory if you are higher regardless of range or at some point do more 'normal LOS blind hex' rules kick in?.

I cannot see a rule that suggests they would but it seems unusual that range has no effect and you can always see over the walls.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe the dark exterior border of a gutted/roofless factory is treated as a crest line for LOS range purposes.

nathan brown

Infrequent Flyer
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Looks thanks for the help, and I am still puzzling it through:

The EX1 has the german 548 able to shoot into 017 (but through the thick wall at +3), O16 and O15 (through the open roof)...

If what you were suggesting was true would not O16 be a blind hex due to the Obstacle?

(Or is there some kind of O17 is the blind hex ruling here and it goes to 2 blind hexes etc from further away...)

Some RB Grognard must ave come across this before please and thanks?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks thanks for the help, and I am still puzzling it through:

The EX1 has the german 548 able to shoot into 017 (but through the thick wall at +3), O16 and O15 (through the open roof)...

If what you were suggesting was true would not O16 be a blind hex due to the Obstacle?

(Or is there some kind of O17 is the blind hex ruling here and it goes to 2 blind hexes etc from further away...)

Some RB Grognard must ave come across this before please and thanks?
Yes I believe SwiftandSure had come up with this seeming discrepancy in the example previously. I don't believe the matter was satisfactorily resolved.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With crest lines there is no obstacle. From a higher elevation, there is no blind hexes within four hex range. After that it would be one blind hex for every multiple of five hexes, so if the exterior wall is five hexes from the elevated sight location there would be one blind hex.

nathan brown

Infrequent Flyer
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Ah....that works. I see that in 05.43 now. Thanks v much. It does get harder from further away...