Red Factories miscellaneous stuff

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Agree. Seems to me that the Fortified Building Locations rules perhaps do not accurately simulate the building historically in this particular scenario. More than that those rules are "broken" per se.
Agreed...a fix would then be to have SSR to help simulate this building's toughness, rather than changing something in the ASLRB.

Joelist's idea of having small arms treated as Area Fire is an interesting suggestion. Perhaps make anyone in that building fanatic (I don't have
the scenario with me...that may already be an SSR).

indy

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"SMC Overrun"?
"AFV Overrun"?
Gentlemen of the Forum, I give you a...
CH "Rattpuppet Overrun"!!!

...in which the Forum is treated to a regurgitation of Duh Ratt's pro-Advanced Tobruk System, anti-ASL, talking points...

Last edited:

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
"SMC Overrun"?
"AFV Overrun"?
Gentlemen of the Forum, I give you a...
CH "Rattpuppet Overrun"!!!

...in which the Forum is treated to a regurgitation of Duh Ratt's pro-Advanced Tobruk System, anti-ASL, talking points...
I had you on ignore but thought it was a mistake, it wasn’t.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, WTF is the deal? Knock it off, nobody thinks you're the least bit entertaining.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, I love the idea of small arms fire being Area Fire vs a fortified location. In addition, if the fortified location is breached, then small arms fire becomes normal fire vs that breached location, Makes using DC's that more important in breaching fortified locations.

Scott

Agreed...a fix would then be to have SSR to help simulate this building's toughness, rather than changing something in the ASLRB.

Joelist's idea of having small arms treated as Area Fire is an interesting suggestion. Perhaps make anyone in that building fanatic (I don't have
the scenario with me...that may already be an SSR).

indy

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Wow, I love the idea of small arms fire being Area Fire vs a fortified location. In addition, if the fortified location is breached, then small arms fire becomes normal fire vs that breached location, Makes using DC's that more important in breaching fortified locations.

Scott
While I have not really thought about the idea of Area Fire vs. a Fortified Location, your idea of changing it back to normal fire once breached is a very interesting one.

von Marwitz

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, I love the idea of small arms fire being Area Fire vs a fortified location. In addition, if the fortified location is breached, then small arms fire becomes normal fire vs that breached location, Makes using DC's that more important in breaching fortified locations.--Scott
While I have not really thought about the idea of Area Fire vs. a Fortified Location, your idea of changing it back to normal fire once breached is a very interesting one.--von Marwitz
What is this? Serious discussion in a serious thread?

I actually like the idea of Area Fire vs fortified building with full FP vs breached location.

The other thing that bugs me about fortified buildings is Area Fire snake eyes yielding auto critical hit. I don't think low caliber mortars should have a 1/36 chance of causing total devastation every shot (with ROF 3!) against these locations.

Joelist

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As the one who first suggested making Small Arms (not ordinance, FT, DC) Area Fire vs Fortified locations I also agree that this benefit should go away if the location is Breached. Mortars are ordinance so they would not fall under this. I thought I had that in the original proposal - it gives players incentive to use DCs to Breach.

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hate discussions on ways to change ASL. It will never happen. It's a pointless exercise. I'm not going to argue that they are better or worse as I prefer to play ASL, not the 10,000 dreamed up tweaks and variants. You want to 'fix' ASL, make some scenarios and put in SSR's as you see fit. And watch few of them ever get played.