Red Factories miscellaneous stuff

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...actually, a difference of opinion means each side thinks the others is bollox...otherwise there would be no difference of opinion.
Not necessarily. If you believe the Earth is flat, Imma call that bollocks. If you prefer blondes, that's a reasonable opinion.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Not necessarily. If you believe the Earth is flat, Imma call that bollocks. If you prefer blondes, that's a reasonable opinion.
Wait, are you saying the earth is actually round? :unsure:?

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
...actually, a difference of opinion means each side thinks the others is bollox...otherwise there would be no difference of opinion.
No, we just disagree. I don't like chocolate ice cream (lets call that the iift), that doesn't mean chocolate ice cream doesn't have merit and that some will find it suits their taste, I just prefer strawberry (lets call that the IFT). Opinions can always vary, that's how we end up with ice cream Sundays. -- jim

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whoa, hold it here!
I think we have an argument at this point: I think we should not talk about chocolate ice cream here in this context but blondes. :p

von Marwitz
Why not chocolate ice cream AND blondes. Or even strawberry ice cream and brunettes?
And don't forget Strawberry blondes and rocky road ice cream.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, we just disagree. I don't like chocolate ice cream (lets call that the iift), that doesn't mean chocolate ice cream doesn't have merit and that some will find it suits their taste, I just prefer strawberry (lets call that the IFT). Opinions can always vary, that's how we end up with ice cream Sundays. -- jim
You liking strawberry explains a lot :)

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I think we have an argument at this point: I think we should not talk about chocolate ice cream here in this context but blondes. :p
I must confess something: Baskin Robins has a flavor they call "World Class Chocolate". It is the only flavor of chocolate ice cream which I like. I get it every time I go to BR. -- jim

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
[QUOTE="
ASL prides itself on realism.
[/QUOTE]

I believe ASL prides itself on realistic details, not realism. Things like a Panther is bigger and faster than a Matilda. After that, it is a game with realistic details, not a simulation of real combat.

Joelist

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fortified building behavior is a detail not a core system element. Adjusting it so that defenders can actually, you know, DEFEND in a fortified location is not changing basic ASL.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Except in these scenarios such punch rolling is impossible. The second you do not have good order units in even one exterior hex of the building the building can be easily entered - circumventing the whole point of fortified buildings.

ASL prides itself on realism. Well this is possibly the single most UN-realistic element in the game system - small arms fire at more than very short ranges is way overpowered.
What other UN-realistic elements do you see in ASL? And, what do you propose to rectify this absolutely abysmal situation?
Let me guess... You have mapsets for sale (that may or may not contain counters, but that do have scenarios of, to put it mildly, of murky provenance) or, at least, to recommend?

Joelist

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What other UN-realistic elements do you see in ASL? And, what do you propose to rectify this absolutely abysmal situation?
Let me guess... You have mapsets for sale (that may or may not contain counters, but that do have scenarios of, to put it mildly, of murky provenance) or, at least, to recommend?
What on earth are you talking about?