Red Factories miscellaneous stuff

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Nope...an US airborne squad with an MMG would have fired everything it had and the enemy German squad would have felt every bit of the 11FP. Historically no nationality used the ift and when they fired everything the potential was there for the enemy to feel every bit of it.

In ASL terms that would be an 11FP shot that enemy would have know was more dangerous than just the 747 alone....every bullet had at least a chance.

The ift is an abacus vs the IIFT laptop...:LOL:
Every paradrop was a disaster. They ultimately worked it out, but they were a cluster to begin with. All the confusion over the odd column got in the way and proved disorienting. Modern Paratroopers are back on fixed columns. They counted all the bullets and rectified the mistake. -- jim

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Every paradrop was a disaster. They ultimately worked it out, but they were a cluster to begin with. All the confusion over the odd column got in the way and proved disorienting. Modern Paratroopers are back on fixed columns. They counted all the bullets and rectified the mistake. -- jim
Yep, you have to count the bullets with the ift to make sure you are on the best/right column...with the IIFT you just pull the trigger and the let the bullets count themselves.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
what kind of funky MG is that? and the sight? that does not look like any WWII MG I've seen
It's supposed to be a MG 34. There were 3 ways to feed the gun. One was a 75 round spring loaded saddle magazine which required the change of the feed cover and that was relatively little used in war time. The two others were related, both using belts. The belt could be fed from a 250 round box (often in 100 and 150 round segments) or a 50 round belt held in a "snail magazine". It looks like the artist has attempted to portray the latter, if just a tad too over enthusiastically. The sight was part of the tripod equipment set for long range fire. It was not on the gun, but attached to the tripod.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tut, tut...

EVERYONE played on the IIFT historically...I am positive that the “add the MG or not” seldom if ever occurred...they didn’t walk around with an ift in their kit...and the IIFT (“Fire all you got”) is burned into every soldiers mind.

?
You can fire everything you've n got on the IFT.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nope...an US airborne squad with an MMG would have fired everything it had and the enemy German squad would have felt every bit of the 11FP. Historically no nationality used the ift and when they fired everything the potential was there for the enemy to feel every bit of it.

In ASL terms that would be an 11FP shot that enemy would have know was more dangerous than just the 747 alone....every bullet had at least a chance.

The ift is an abacus vs the IIFT laptop...:LOL:

And, similarly, user error trumps the tool itself.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can fire everything you've n got on the IFT.
So that that 2x467 & LMG FG...you fire that LMG? Let me answer that for you...no you don’t...so with the ift you don’t always fire every thing...with the IIFT you always fire everything...just like in real combat, where you don’t leave out the MG cause it doesn’t reach the next column...column? What’s that? Just shoot the $hit out of them!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
You also abstain from firing an MG on the IIFT in certain cases - e.g. during AFPh + Area fire a LMG only adds 1/2 FP, which may not be useful when the next FP column is 1 FP increment (e.g. from 5 to 6).

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So that that 2x467 & LMG FG...you fire that LMG? Let me answer that for you...no you don’t...so with the ift you don’t always fire every thing...with the IIFT you always fire everything...just like in real combat, where you don’t leave out the MG cause it doesn’t reach the next column...column? What’s that? Just shoot the $hit out of them!
Spoken like someone who sells ammo for a living :)

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Taken in the vacuum you posit, it would appear ...reasonable...but, conveniently for blasphemers, the context is absent. Are they stacked (tsk, tsk)? What phase? They'd at least need be ADJ, typically I'd look for two attacks out of that grouping, possibly three under certain circumstances.

As has always been the problem with iift phanbois, the loss of absolute control over every facet of this most frustrating-by-design game can't be accepted. I get it, certainly, but one of the started design principles was that not every man, weapon fired, was in position to fire, saw anything to fire at or dared to fire. There are so many overt and subtle restrictions on player control obsessing on the iiftp (spelling intended) seems silly. Still, after all these decades.

Nice to see you're still kicking Spuds

Gwinnell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Taken in the vacuum you posit, it would appear ...reasonable...but, conveniently for blasphemers, the context is absent. Are they stacked (tsk, tsk)? What phase? They'd at least need be ADJ, typically I'd look for two attacks out of that grouping, possibly three under certain circumstances.

As has always been the problem with iift phanbois, the loss of absolute control over every facet of this most frustrating-by-design game can't be accepted. I get it, certainly, but one of the started design principles was that not every man, weapon fired, was in position to fire, saw anything to fire at or dared to fire. There are so many overt and subtle restrictions on player control obsessing on the iiftp (spelling intended) seems silly. Still, after all these decades.

Nice to see you're still kicking Spuds
As is usual with IFT fans you misrepresent why people use the IIFT by assuming what YOU think are the reasons and then arguing against them.
These are not the reasons I use the IIFT.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Something over a decade ago, I won a scenario because of a result on the IIFT that would not have occured on the IFT.

The two tables are different and therefore can change the outcome of a scenario.

So, I pitched the IIFT and never looked back, end of story.

Rich

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
But you are OK when they are designed with IIFT? Or what you don’t know doesn’t bother you.

Something over a decade ago, I won a scenario because of a result on the IIFT that would not have occured on the IFT.

The two tables are different and therefore can change the outcome of a scenario.

So, I pitched the IIFT and never looked back, end of story.

Rich

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But you are OK when they are designed with IIFT? Or what you don’t know doesn’t bother you.
Do scenarios need to come with a warning from the "Scenario General" stating "This scenario may contain IFT/IIFT biases"?

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As is usual with IFT fans you misrepresent why people use the IIFT by assuming what YOU think are the reasons and then arguing against them.
These are not the reasons I use the IIFT.
No misrepresentation at all. Seeing as how I was playing before the internal table was even introduced, I am aware it is favored by some for that regarda perceived ease. Hell, I even used it for a time after its introduction, but ultimately, I bought into the design philosophy of the game over the flawed need to account for every single factor or bullet in a great game that stripped absolute control from the player.
So, while I understand why some want to use the table and respect their opinion in that regard, I disagree personally and would never use it in play myself.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have no idea what you are saying here, so how can I respond to this diarrhea of the mouth post?

Rich