Red Barricades - Sniper Relocation

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If the opportunity to relocate arises, can both of the two Snipers (in the CG) be repositioned or just one of them?

Currently playing Last Bid in preparation for the release of Red Factories.

Wynn

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Only one, your choice, can be re-positioned but must meet the same requirements as initially placing the sniper (including distance from the other sniper).

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Is there a rule reference? We couldn't find one...
A14.2:
"...Thereafter, it may be repositioned by the Sniper player (within the same placement requirements) if he forfeits an effective Sniper attack dr (dr 1 or 2 following a DR equal to his SAN) prior to selecting the hex for that forfeited Sniper attack...."

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A14.2:
"...Thereafter, it may be repositioned by the Sniper player (within the same placement requirements) if he forfeits an effective Sniper attack dr (dr 1 or 2 following a DR equal to his SAN) prior to selecting the hex for that forfeited Sniper attack...."
That doesn't really cover whether one or two sniper counters can be repositioned when two are in play.

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a rule reference? We couldn't find one...
After rereading the SSR I may be incorrect in remembering if we determined it was your choice of sniper to be re-positioned or just randomly determined (it's been a while-and not a major issue commonly). I think any agreement between you and your opponent would't affect the scenario or the CG materially either way; I would go with a random selection after thinking it over(& perhaps that what we did as well).

NOTE: I looked for a Q&A in both Ch O & Ch V as well & haven't found a definitive answer either place; perhaps a good candidate for a Q to Perry.

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
After rereading the SSR I may be incorrect in remembering if we determined it was your choice of sniper to be re-positioned or just randomly determined (it's been a while-and not a major issue commonly). I think any agreement between you and your opponent would't affect the scenario or the CG materially either way; I would go with a random selection after thinking it over(& perhaps that what we did as well).

NOTE: I looked for a Q&A in both Ch O & Ch V as well & haven't found a definitive answer either place; perhaps a good candidate for a Q to Perry.
Yeah, that's what we've done, but thought we might have missed something.

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe I've always played it that the re-positioning decision occurs after the subsequent dr to determine which sniper is active. So you either roll the direction/distance DR and attack or re-position the already chosen sniper.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe I've always played it that the re-positioning decision occurs after the subsequent dr to determine which sniper is active. So you either roll the direction/distance DR and attack or re-position the already chosen sniper.
That's how my opponent and I always play it as well.

fleetB17

Infantry PSG
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have always played the same as Jeff and Jim. After the randomly chosen sniper is determined, that sniper can be re-positioned.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have always played the same as Jeff and Jim. After the randomly chosen sniper is determined, that sniper can be re-positioned.
It's why I keep hanging around you young guys - you remember. Me, I've got that CRS disease.