Red Barricades - Leaflet House Rules

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Dropping of the new leaflets over Stalingrad...

We have now Updated Leaflet House Rules after improvements of simplicity.

Last edited:

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Hi the document have additional new rules to CG III and moreover since the start of the third playing of CG II Operation Hubertus we now play with a handful of LHR created for that CG in an attempt to improve it (see link above).

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
The wikipedia article suggests that anti-tank dogs were as dangerous to their trainers as to German tanks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_dog

Maybe worth have some sort of backblast-esque rule where releasing a dog can casualty-reduce its releaser.
Next time a Russian MMC unit roll a fate DR of 12 just ask yourself if a dog handler was part of that unit

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
In the first ASL Annual there were rules about Russian anti-tank dogs, and even a depiction of the counter, if I recall correctly.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I hesitate to ask if any of these have been considered for Red Factories (as I don't want to set flame to anything).

The reduction in HMGs seems the most profound of all changes.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
In the first ASL Annual there were rules about Russian anti-tank dogs, and even a depiction of the counter, if I recall correctly.
And one Friendly Fire (and one local Paddington Bears special) also feature Mine Dogs

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I miss the Paddington Bear scenario packs. Much better then Frf or DTF or SP stuff. Those PB scenarios kept me engaged and were not over the top complicated to set up or had odd board configurations. The VC's were varied but straight forward without doubt or questions. Best of all, everyone of those PB scenarios were fun.

And one Friendly Fire (and one local Paddington Bears special) also feature Mine Dogs

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I hesitate to ask if any of these have been considered for Red Factories (as I don't want to set flame to anything).

Damn good idea. Too many HMG's totally spoils campaigns.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

in the pre-redesign/reprogramming of Gamesquad - there was a lengthy discussion thread on the LHR dated around 2012-2013 time frame. I think a general consensus was the most profound change for the German was the removal of the HMG quantities coupled with the removal of the 10-3 leader generation quantities possible.

For the Russians, it remained their loss of any ability to kindle multi-story buildings before their capture to prevent the German observers from gaining good LOSs to the Russian backfield for OBA and those HMG /10-3 led death star kill stack shots. The general concept being the Russians were favored about 2.5:1 if they could burn anything down they were going to lose anyway. How true or not that may be was a major focus of that thread and some pages of posts.

KRL, Jon H

Clongest

The Dude Abides
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I know this is an old thread but I have an interest in the Leaflet House Rules Red Barricades CG III - The Barrikady Red Barricades CG II - Operation Hubertus Red rule set. The provided link is no longer working. By chance, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!