Red Barricades initial scenario depletion

Sam987

Reaction score
Country
ll
In a Red Barricades initial scenario, do you roll for depletion for each part of the OB or just the OB given RG? Eg in RB CG1, do the Russians roll for depletion on the 2x 45 LL AT? O11.5 suggests just the RGs to me, but would appreciate a second opinion.

Thanks!

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
11.6201 says "each player makes a separate DR for each Infantry Coy, each HW Pltn, each MOL-P Pltn and each AFV Pltn he has purchased (as well as each friendly Infantry RG given in an Initial-Scenario OB; 11.5)". So the Russian player wouldn't roll for the 2x45LL or 2x228 in his Initial OB, nor would the German player roll for the PzKw IIIL Pltn in his.

Sam987

Reaction score
Country
ll
11.6201 says "each player makes a separate DR for each Infantry Coy, each HW Pltn, each MOL-P Pltn and each AFV Pltn he has purchased (as well as each friendly Infantry RG given in an Initial-Scenario OB; 11.5)". So the Russian player wouldn't roll for the 2x45LL or 2x228 in his Initial OB, nor would the German player roll for the PzKw IIIL Pltn in his.
Thanks Scott. To check I have understood, would the Russians also not have to roll under 11.6204 for gun batteries?

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think I was wrong. O11.5 says "For each Initial Scenario, the actual Strength of each OB-given and purchased (RePh step 11.619) RG must still be determined normally (RePh step 11.620)." But the 2x45LL and 2x2-2-8 in the Initial Russian OB aren't RG, so they don't roll. But I'm not a RB expert so I may be wrong on that too; is there another opinion out there?

FrankH.

Reaction score
I think I was wrong. O11.5 says "For each Initial Scenario, the actual Strength of each OB-given and purchased (RePh step 11.619) RG must still be determined normally (RePh step 11.620)." But the 2x45LL and 2x2-2-8 in the Initial Russian OB aren't RG, so they don't roll. But I'm not a RB expert so I may be wrong on that too; is there another opinion out there?
I can only go according to first edition rules as that's all I have. The Ger. Pz IIIL ptn. is a RG, so it rolls for depletion (and for an armor leader!). The Rus. 45LL guns and the 2-2-8 crews are not RG so they do not roll for depletion.