Country
llCanada
Red Barricades
ELR LOSS/GAIN 11.617

I have a question in reference to the DRM’s on the following table;

-1 Friendly side won yesterday’s CG scenario
-2 Per Idle Day since the last-completed CG
-2 Per friendly elite Infantry Coy purchased on previous CG Day
-1 Per friendly first-line-infantry-Coy/AFV Pltn[EXC: SPW Pltn] purchased on the
previous CG Day
+1 If friendly side selected the Attack chit on the previous CG Day (Germans are
assumed to select the Attack chit for each Initial Scenario; 11.5
+2 Per scenario completed since the start of the CG or since the last Idle Day (friendly
side’s choice)
X Historical DRM for friendly side

So far we have played two full campaign days, 17 and 18 October. We are going to start 19 Oct. I need to confirm what my DRM is going to be when I roll for ELR gain loss before we start our next scenario on the 20th Oct. I have lost every campaign date so far and I have chosen Idle for every day as well. I already know I will get the –2 drm for purchasing an elite infantry coy. Let’s also assume I will loose this campaign day as well.

Because I have chosen Idle for all the CG scenarios and there have been no Idle days yet, do I still have to apply the +2 Per scenario completed even though I have chosen Idle?

I am a bit confused because when I read the footnotes on page 0 22, #34 it states “A player who continues to attack day after CG-Day will soon find his troops’ ELR reduced to one or zero, and see them melt away before his very eyes.”

That’s why if a player chooses the Idle chit and his opponent continues with the Attack chit it seems the Idle player is unfairly penalized.

Are there any errata on this issue or am I over-complicating it?

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi Girls

I would say you are over-complicating it. You are not penalized as much as the attacker is as you have not selected the attack chit. You ave still completed a CG-Date even if that was due to the opponent selecting the attack chit. The DRM applies.

This rule sucks anyway, IMHO.

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I wish there would be greater clarification officially. I just re-read the 91 ASL Annual with the first series replay of the Campaign Game. The German finished with an ELR of 0 while the Russian finnished with an ELR of 4. 23 CG days where played. I still think there is a problem somewhere.
Thanks for the post Commissar Piotr.

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I got the official response back from MMP. I must say they where very fast in answering. However I do not like the answer I got. Both sides do get the penalty. I still say it’s much too severe given all the advantages the Germans get.