Red Barricades CG III...........Once more into the Breach!

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Our game ended I think on turn 6 with the Germans clearing out 80% of the Bread Factory area and can now strike into the northern area of the Barricady. In the middle, the Germans control one of the factorys near the bottom big factory and part of the long factory. In the North, the Germans lost the rubbled remains of the Chemists house but thats ok, I have the bottom big factory just about surrounded, so I'll take the loss of the chemists remains for today and maybe retake it later on. Our losses totaled German 52 CVP and the Russians around 70CVP. So high numbers of death for both sides indeed.

I did take an Idle day for day 14 as did the Russians, and I tried to take an idle day for day 15 but the Russians decided to launch a Night attack for the 15th, my bet is the Russians might try to retake a portion of the Bread factory and try to push back from the bottom big factory, we will see.

Scottday 15 perimeter.jpg

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All-

Bob did come by tonight and he did set up his units for his planned night attack. I think his plan is to try to drive south and into the big factory, we shell see. Posted are pics of our final set up.

Scottday 15 start turn 1 b.jpgday 15 start turn 1 c.jpgday 15 start turn 1.jpgday 15 turn 1 d.jpg

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, all good things must come to an end, and I as the German commander through up the white flag. Night star shells can be very very fickle and in my case in the bread factory area I did not get any Star shells for two constitutive turns. In the Middle, a 150mm OBA FFE crippled my forces to the point the Russians were able to smash them successfully. I drew two red cards and thus ended my OBA to use to fend off the Russians. So after I think 16 days of play the CG ended. To be honest, it is just way too long to play. It took Bob and I one year to complete the days we completed and by the 11th or 12th day it just became a grueling time consuming exercise.

A few suggestions to those who might plan to play CG III, Leaders should automatically get starshells, this keeps the possible run of bad luck down. Maybe design a CG where the Germans auto win if they control all factories locations and make the CG 20 days. Just my thoughts lol.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yup, one certainly gets the old feel of being in a combat zone if you play the beast to the bitter end, you're really wore down by the continual grind-but it's exhilarating at the same time.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The problem is that there is so much more good CG's out there and a 30 day CG is I think way too long for my tastes. 14 to 20 days is fine, more and it just gets to be too reprotitious. Hopefully by the end of October, we will be playing the KGS CG's.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The problem is that there is so much more good CG's out there and a 30 day CG is I think way too long for my tastes. 14 to 20 days is fine, more and it just gets to be too reprotitious. Hopefully by the end of October, we will be playing the KGS CG's.
Yeah, tend to agree, but then you get that old bug, and really want to have at it again in about a year or two. RB is certainly the gem of all HASLs.