Red and Black Chits from BV

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With all that fuss about pecision dice, I am flabbergasted how people can put up with such things. 😲

No precision coffee cup, just 'unspecified' cubes, and cards that might not only be marked by 30 years of playing?! Heavens, people! You'd probably even go as far as not to play on calibrated gaming tables.

Don't complain about tilted results... ;)

von Marwitz
I only use the Official ASL dice. A black and a Red.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I only use the Official ASL dice. A black and a Red.
This is clearly against the rules. A.1 is very clear on this: a DR uses a white die and a colored die (though you have some choice as to the color; I suppose you can consider black to be your choice of color).

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
This is clearly against the rules. A.1 is very clear on this: a DR uses a white die and a colored die (though you have some choice as to the color; I suppose you can consider black to be your choice of color).
A.1 DICE: The rules often require use of a colored die to differentiate it from the other die in use. A set of four dice of different colors is included in ASL Module 1:BEYOND VALOR. A white die and one of the colored dice are rolled simultaneously and summed normally for most purposes, but occasionally the colored dr will take on added significance either by itself or in comparison to the white dr.

By a strict interpretation of the rules, I would say, that it requires one of the colored dice referred to in the previous sentence. This requirement seems not to apply to the white die, as A white die can be used.

So you MUST use one of the colored dice which came specifically in a BEYOND VALOR module, while you can use ANY white die.

Slap that into the face of those guys who insist on using (two) precision dice. :p:rofl:;)

von Marwitz

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A.1 DICE: The rules often require use of a colored die to differentiate it from the other die in use. A set of four dice of different colors is included in ASL Module 1:BEYOND VALOR. A white die and one of the colored dice are rolled simultaneously and summed normally for most purposes, but occasionally the colored dr will take on added significance either by itself or in comparison to the white dr.

By a strict interpretation of the rules, I would say, that it requires one of the colored dice referred to in the previous sentence. This requirement seems not to apply to the white die, as A white die can be used.

So you MUST use one of the colored dice which came specifically in a BEYOND VALOR module, while you can use ANY white die.

Slap that into the face of those guys who insist on using (two) precision dice. :p:rofl:;)

von Marwitz
As far as I recall I got a Red, Green, Black and Yellow dice with my original BV, circa '87. Those are the 4 I use today.

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
As far as I recall I got a Red, Green, Black and Yellow dice with my original BV, circa '87. Those are the 4 I use today.
That's a little odd - I got my BV in '87 and it definitely came with white, yellow, red and blue dice. I still use 'em for ASL. If they're imprecise then that would explain my cardboard soldiers shooting...

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That's a little odd - I got my BV in '87 and it definitely came with white, yellow, red and blue dice. I still use 'em for ASL. If they're imprecise then that would explain my cardboard soldiers shooting...
Exactly the same colours as mine and I'm still using them. I find I get better results ( lower ) overall than with the modern customised dice.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You may want to check them for bias and stop using unfair dice if they are biased.
I find the customised dice supplied by my opponent rolls higher overall....so should I check those too ?
Plus, how can you check accurately?