Red and Black Chits from BV

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I still use them. Although with all the TPP counters out there, I am surprised no one has made better ones. Would be nice if the came in the next BFP HASL! I pretty much only use their turn counters now.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Always, even created more black and red chits and OBA-coaster to place red/black chits and other OBA counters on during play, we use D20 and/or D6 dice to pull black/red chits.
See link

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Years ago I got some small, dime-sized but 1/8th” thick, red and black wooden chits. I put ‘em in a small dice bag and shake it up for OBA. But it took me years to wonder what the “normal” red and black chits were for. Heh.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I've made my own from some blank 1/2 inch counters that I had. I wanted enough for two modules on each side during campaign games.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks @Eagle4ty ! It's nice to know someone else recognizes that name. I should have written "I own a copy of Erdnase's book". Reading it's easy these days because its Wikipedia entry has a link to a PDF of the book.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I first have to get in Radio Contact with my arty battery, before trying to get access. The trouble is, they
keep changing their frequency every game turn.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I use some red and black wooden cubes. Pick ’em out of a coffee cup.
A 30 year old playing card deck is fine
With all that fuss about pecision dice, I am flabbergasted how people can put up with such things. 😲

No precision coffee cup, just 'unspecified' cubes, and cards that might not only be marked by 30 years of playing?! Heavens, people! You'd probably even go as far as not to play on calibrated gaming tables.

Don't complain about tilted results... ;)

von Marwitz

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Avalon Hill dice into a Chessex "Dice Boot", nothing could be simpler.