Recovery SW in case of FATE in Rally Phase

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Broken HS with LMG try Leader assisted rally in Rally Phase and roll Box's (12) leads to KIA. Will that Leader be able to recover that LMG. according to Adv Seq of play , Rally occurs after recovery.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
No. Because a unit can only take one action per RPh.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I'm not sure. A4.44 reads: "...if a unit surrenders, is eliminated, or routs away and cannot carry its SW, an Infantry SMC can immediately Recover one of that Infantry unit's SW/Guns in this same manner but regardless of phase..." I'm inclined to think this supersedes this restriction.

buser333

Reaction score
I'm not sure. A4.44 reads: "...if a unit surrenders, is eliminated, or routs away and cannot carry its SW, an Infantry SMC can immediately Recover one of that Infantry unit's SW/Guns in this same manner but regardless of phase..." I'm inclined to think this supersedes this restriction.
I agree.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Being a higher numbered rule, I would decide that A4.44 takes precedence over A3.1 . If Perry decided no, however, the leader could do it in the following MPh or Rally phase, whichever comes first.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I see the room for debate here, but even under A4.44, SMC recovery isn't "automatic" - that is, it still requires a recovery dr. As a result, I find it hard not to see this as a separate action which the leader is no longer allowed to perform (having already attempted to rally the HS).

...But considering the ambiguity, I agree that a Perry query is in order.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
This is the special case of a MMC stacked with a leader going away.. I think leader may take the weapon per A4.44. Not the case if the MMC is simply not rallied.

Last edited:

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
I have read both and I see ambiguity.

My view is that if A4.44 take president here it undermined Advanced Sequence of Play. In the Advanced Sequence of Play it clearly states Recovery comes before any rally attempts. From what I understand it's made to prevent units that was involved in rally attempts, all so reorganise or recover support weapon. And since this is a really bad rally attempt why should the leader benefit from it and be allowed to recover a support weapon which normally wouldn't be allowed.

From how I understand the discussion in the forum this question should be raised to Perry, right.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Here's an old Q&A:

A3.1 & A4.44 May a Good Order SMC attempt to recover a SW/Gun from a unit eliminated
during the RPh, in addition to other RPh activity conducted by the SMC? (EX: Commissar
attempts to rally broken conscript HS with ATR and succeeds in eliminating conscript HS; may
the Commissar immediately attempt to recover the ATR)?
A. No. [Letter8]

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Thanks

Think that one lays all discussions dead ?