Record tax revenues

JimWhite

Silver Supporting Member
The Treasury collected record taxes in the month of January and has now collected record tax revenues for the first four months of a fiscal year (October through January).

Damn...if this doesn't make liberals have a wet dream I don't know what will.

zgrose

Liberals have dreams about how collected funds are spent. Wall Street is the one that has wet dreams about collecting money. Maybe Wall Street is liberal, but is doesn't seem that way from where I'm sitting.

JimWhite

Silver Supporting Member
Liberals have dreams about how collected funds are spent. Wall Street is the one that has wet dreams about collecting money. Maybe Wall Street is liberal, but is doesn't seem that way from where I'm sitting.
The only thing the fed does after collecting money is spend it...ergo the liberal wet dreams.

Wall St. doesn't collect tax revenue...so I'm not sure where you're going with that one.

Sand Bar Bill

Silver Supporting Member
The Treasury collected record taxes in the month of January and has now collected record tax revenues for the first four months of a fiscal year (October through January).

Damn...if this doesn't make liberals have a wet dream I don't know what will.
Yawn... my wet dream is to return to the tax and spend rates of 2000 before the country turned the reins over to the conservatives for their reckless 2001 tax cuts. Topped only by their recent tax and spend hypocrisy.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...d-taxes-first-month-under-tax-cut-run-surplus

Dave68124

Yawn... my wet dream is to return to the tax and spend rates of 2000 before the country turned the reins over to the conservatives for their reckless 2001 tax cuts. Topped only by their recent tax and spend hypocrisy.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...d-taxes-first-month-under-tax-cut-run-surplus
Bill - I think you need to get new graphs. They don't support your diatribe. Obama has deficit spending in January during all of his years but two. While Rep President's had a January surplus in every year they were in office but one. Not sure the reason for the graph.

Sand Bar Bill

Silver Supporting Member
Bill - I think you need to get new graphs. They don't support your diatribe. Obama has deficit spending in January during all of his years but two. While Rep President's had a January surplus in every year they were in office but one. Not sure the reason for the graph.
My diatribe is that January deficits are nothing new. But if we are going to count years, 2001 belongs to Clinton, 2009 belongs to Bush and 2017 belongs to Obama. Further, January surpluses are indicative of nothing over all. The only time the government really did have a surplus for the year was the end of the Clinton years.

As is well known, the deficit substantially grew after the 2001 tax cuts, and the deficit is suppose to explode with these current ones.

Last edited:

Sand Bar Bill

Silver Supporting Member
You mean the tax Obama tax cuts?
No I mean the tax cuts enacted by the GOP and signed into law by Bush, that re-ignited deficit spending after it was fixed. Apparently you think Obama should have fixed the GOP mess, as I am sure he would have liked to, but we were in a major recession and raising taxes is the last thing to do. In 2010, the GOP took over the House and complained about deficits the whole time until the GOP got the presidency. And then they decided to act even more irresponsibly than in 2001.

I suppose Democrats could try to fix the GOP budget failures again, but it hardly seems worth it any more.

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim

JimWhite

Silver Supporting Member
Well...one R congressman is introducing a bill to make all those millions of dollars that were given out in the form of bonuses due to the new tax law to be tax free. So that will cut into future revenues a tad.

He is calling it the Creating Relief and Useful Middle Class Benefits and Savings Act.

To be known otherwise as CRUMBS.

F*ck you Pelosi...:D

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...make-bonuses-tax-free-in-swipe-at-pelosi.html

Dave68124

My solution: 1990's tax rates and massive cuts to military spending. That might bring us out of the nosedive. Maybe.
Well of course. Never want to gore your own pet projects. How about we reset social spending to 90's levels too?

As I said, you don't give a flying fuck about the deficit, you just cry to hear yourself cry.

Marty Ward

My solution: 1990's tax rates and massive cuts to military spending. That might bring us out of the nosedive. Maybe.
Well over 60% of the Defense budget is for operations/maintenance and personal costs (payroll). This does not include the VA at an additional $200 billion. Are you suggesting cutting the number of people in the military? Not doing maintenance on existing equipment? Not providing healthcare to vets?

By contrast it is estimated that Medicare fraud amounts to over $100 billion per year (about 20% of the entire Defense budget). Is that a program you want to expand?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
I like the new $12,000 personal exemption because they basically doubled it. That is something kind for struggling people.

Last edited:

zgrose

Well over 60% of the Defense budget is for operations/maintenance and personal costs (payroll). This does not include the VA at an additional $200 billion. Are you suggesting cutting the number of people in the military? Not doing maintenance on existing equipment? Not providing healthcare to vets?
We could start by tackling defense spending fraud (see Joint Strike Fighter) but barring revenue outpacing historical rates for a long stretch of time, the big bars on the left are where the changes need to be made. The rest is literally chump change.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 12.32.23 PM.png

Marty Ward

We could start by tackling defense spending fraud (see Joint Strike Fighter) but barring revenue outpacing historical rates for a long stretch of time, the big bars on the left are where the changes need to be made. The rest is literally chump change.

View attachment 4116
Considering the yearly budget for that is less than the Medicare fraud why would you suggest doing that?