Recon By Fire scenario 12 board question

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello gents. I was preparing to play the above scenario in the VASL League, when the troubling problem arose that the board BF2, is used in the scneario, but appears to be nowhere in the VASL archives. I was wondering if that is it's correct designation, or if it was re-released under a different number/name? Board BF1 is the one that came with the Hell On Wheels Pack, just not sure on BF2 though. Thanks for any and all help.
Carl

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
There were two (half) DASL paper maps. Both are more recent than BFP (old dynasty). I think HoB (re)released them, but there are definitely 2.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There were two (half) DASL paper maps. Both are more recent than BFP (old dynasty). I think HoB (re)released them, but there are definitely 2.
The original boards were paper and they were included into the "Hell on Wheels" Pack; pre-BFP days.

Also, they were reprinted in the Beyond the Beachhead I that HoB created (I think).

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
For VASL I got the BF1 board but not the BF2 board, does anyone have these so I can add them to my site for others?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Okay I did find an image for BF2, and I made a very rough VASL map for it, but you have to select Deluxe size for it to be of any use.

I got the RBF buired away at the moment so I don't know if this is of any use.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is that one on your site Don, or are you holding it pending looking at it some more?
Okay I did find an image for BF2, and I made a very rough VASL map for it, but you have to select Deluxe size for it to be of any use.

I got the RBF buired away at the moment so I don't know if this is of any use.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
No I found an image of BF2, its a little on the small side and I created a VASL board for it, but since its not the right size you have to select the Deluxe option when you load it, and I don't think it plays well with any other boards and I am not a map elf...

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No I found an image of BF2, its a little on the small side and I created a VASL board for it, but since its not the right size you have to select the Deluxe option when you load it, and I don't think it plays well with any other boards and I am not a map elf...
Don,

You may not be the "Map Elf" you describe, but you are better with the computer ASL stuff than many here.

Never "be-little" yourself, its a sign of weakness that others may prey upon.....

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Point taken, should I let the Glennbo in me out? lol

That is about is Glennbo as I get..lol

I am jealous of his Bug Out Bag though...