Recommendations for a Civil War Strategy Game

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been looking for a Civil War Strategy Game that plays a bit like the old Fields of Glory. Its been a while since I played it but it was Napoleonic and Real Time (I think) and you could issue orders to your men like squares, put them in formations, order them to fire obliques, etc. Something like that would be cool but any of the TBS would be awesome too.

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only thing that comes right to mind are the Sid Meiers games.........Gettysburg, Antietam, etc.

Mark
Deo Vindice

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
last_cav1971 said:
The only thing that comes right to mind are the Sid Meiers games.........Gettysburg, Antietam, etc.

Mark
Deo Vindice
The Sid Meier's games were pretty fun too. Not sure how much luck you'll have finding them.

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you Gents... how about the Battleground (just the WBTS and maybe Napoleonic too) series? Is it any good? I'm guessing they are since Talonsoft made a lot of good games and Battleground was popular.

scuud

Reaction score
Well, I'm currently looking at "Robert E. Lee CIVIL WAR General" by Sierra... I think it was made around '93 (it's recommended install size is 2 megs) It's an okay tbs game.