Recall Exit Logic

ds

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If a recalled vehicle has more than one route path it can take when trying to exit along it's FBE (ie. if they all have the same total MP cost), is there any obligation for the AFV's owner to take the route with the least number of bog checks (to keep him from hedging his bet on getting a "free crew" out of the situation)?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll have to check the rule book later (unless someone else posts the answer) but if this is legal it has to go in the "big book of Sleaze". :eek:

Not that I wouldn't do it, but it would go in the book. :?

I also doubt very much that this will come up in a game very often... How often do you see a recall? How often are there two paths with the same MP expenditure - and one has "extra" bog checks?

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Recall

Sam,
In my experience their seems to be a recall, one side or the other, very often. Snipers, multiple stuns, and malfunctions always crop up.

jimfer

Bill Durrant

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
I seem to remember a lot of talk on the ASLML some years ago about sleaze tactics and AFVs. This point may have been covered but the one I specifically remember was AFV's being deliberately driven into houses but I can't recall (sorry for the pun :lol: ) why.

Anyone?

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cannot say which ones but I have played some scenarios where the SSR's specifically state that crews from recalled AFVs do not count for victory conditions.

Keith

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In my experience their seems to be a recall, one side or the other, very often. Snipers, multiple stuns, and malfunctions always crop up.
Many "good" players (not me) don't experience recall very often. Why?

They stay BU unless they really, really have a good reason to unbutton.

The don't attempt to repair a broken MA - so they don't recall for that reason.

Its not just "how often do you see a recall" - its how often does it happen with two or more exit paths - both the same number of MPs because you are required to take the shortest rout in MPs - and one of them has more "bog hexes" than the other? That's not very dang often, I"ll bet.