Really? "Closed due to Political Content"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just went back and read the entire thread and there was plenty of politicization on both sides and really if you think about it none of it was germane to the discussion topic. We all have gotten so used to injecting cheap shots that we do it, many times, without thinking.
Right-on, I'm guilty of this for sure and when I go too far I usually get kicked in the chops by someone here for doing so. If being honest when called out on it though, we're usually let off the hook if it isn't a repeated occurrence.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Put dushy on ignore. you will be much better off.

Michael, I did not post any personal attacks but you on the other hand brought up my penis for some reason. Stating a truth like "You are thinned skinned" is not an attack. Asking or talking about my penis is, its really none of your business about my penis so please stop sexually harassing me.

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is great happy to see all of you back

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Sometimes a bear just has to take a crap in the woods, other times the trees fall where they may. Some days its rains and other days it pours. Just make sure that when you shoot a moose to aim for its back, you need to break its shoulder blades and don't shoot the deer in the lungs they get scared and run too fast, aim for the heart.

Sometimes people take things way too seriously, and get touchy, I know I am learning from my sessions at the VA for PTSD.

My advice to is to quit drinking early and roll low.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Maybe because its GameSquad, I don't know and my attention deficient disorder has me moving back to Steel Panthers ...

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Seems very clear that new management/ownership isn't interested in maintaining a community. Or at least not in maintaining this community.
I must disagree. New management is trying to remove personal insults, politics and profanity from ASL discussions. I support this effort.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I must disagree. New management is trying to remove personal insults, politics and profanity from ASL discussions. I support this effort.
I hear you Michael, I come here to get away from the 'real' world and politics is one of the last things I want to get into here. A sub-forum with some ASL content that allows a touch of such would be OK for those who insist on it but I won't be involved, I hear and see enough as it is here in western Mass;
especially with what is going on now with the health crisis, I just want to roll some dice and have some fun and be safe with my friends and family, Vic.

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
"...and just how thinned skinned a lot of folks have become because they preach tolerance and are anything but tolerant." Politics notwithstanding, that's an impressive amount of irony to pack into just 20 words.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Makes perfect sense and I agree with it in principle. Better if the lines are clearer and applied consistently. If it's decided that all threads will be shut down without fail whenever any hints of politics (or "penis") appears then okay. If related queries are addressed (and not ignored) fair and square then okay. Respect should be something that goes all around.

PS. Is the rule really -> nothing but ASL (virus ain't politics) then please state that.
PS. I am all for "no insults" .. just not for excepting "insults to people who doesn't agree with me"

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Makes perfect sense and I agree with it in principle. Better if the lines are clearer and applied consistently. If it's decided that all threads will be shut down without fail whenever any hints of politics (or "penis") appears then okay. If related queries are addressed (and not ignored) fair and square then okay. Respect should be something that goes all around.

PS. Is the rule really -> nothing but ASL (virus ain't politics) then please state that.
PS. I am all for "no insults" .. just not for excepting "insults to people who doesn't agree with me"
I agree...the changes being made are not being explained...it's just been arbitrary censorship. As a paying member (yes I acknowledge that was a voluntary act on my part [done when Don owned the show] and is not a lot of money) one would think we would at least deserve the respect of being better informed by the new management of what our financial support has bought us. You know...maybe some transparency. Oops...that sounded like a political word.

Anyway...I guess the truth will come out when people start reporting "violations" of the vague new rules...and they are either acted on or they are not.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland

wait a minute! no more pinups? OMG, and I thought the Wuhan Cough was bad

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
wait a minute! no more pinups? OMG, and I thought the Wuhan Cough was bad
According to some that is racist. I'd would say who but I'm not allowed. Please issue an immediate redaction and apology.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Maybe because its GameSquad, I don't know and my attention deficient disorder has me moving back to Steel Panthers ...
I hope not buddy. In a merciless world, it's a treat to be able to regularly see posts from you and from others that I really like and respect (so many of you are in this thread alone). Keith just reminded me of that (thanks).

We are voicing issues precisely because we like this "gathering". I for one hope that differing opinions will be heard. I take a tremendous amount of faith in knowing @Michael R & @Paul M. Weir are moderators and heeded warning when @Sparafucil3 is not.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I can see what they're trying to do. I just think the way they're going about it is cack-handed and foreign to a long-established culture that they don't seem to understand. <shrug> I'm not a take-my-ball-and-go-home person, but I am a call-it-like-I-see-it person.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I may not agree with any of you, but someone editing anyone's posts is just crossing personal boundaries and is another form of censorship. Just because someone has the power and then if they don't like what you said they change the context is completely wrong and just another factor of how messed up our society at large has gone and how stupefied things have become and just how thinned skinned a lot of folks have become because they preach tolerance and are anything but tolerant.

With each passing year and each passing law and each "re-education" program or in-sensitivity seminar turned to law to make the sheeple behave, we will never again see the likes of the great men of valor who laid down their lives and risked it all through acts of bravery so that we could have a our freedom, only to have those freedoms trampled on my thinned skinned post editors and other censorship makers.

I look forward to the rapture and to get off this planet and away from all the crazy loonies spraying chemicals into our air and the Illuminati controlled media and state sponsored assassinations of those that oppose the "system", but they will probably lock me up in a gulag or a concentration camp ("re-education" camp) or shoot me for my beliefs before the God Lord comes back to save us.

And guess what I have not been inoculated since 1991 when I got out of the Army and I have had the flu only once and that last 2 days. So this whole coronavirus scare is just that, its been conjured up by the powers that be, feed to the masses by the state controlled government and if you don't stick to the program and be a good boy or girl you'll be drive by the fear.

Thank the Good Lord I have two .38's and an AK-47, lots of water and toilet paper and can foods.

Let see who edits this post or "closes this thread".

I need to roll some boxcars or snakes...

Sheeitt...I got banned for a single sentence along those general lines. Tick tock....

Status
Not open for further replies.