Really? "Closed due to Political Content"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
None of that, apparently, has helped you navigate the realities of changing society.
I bet you don't even realize that you just performed a drive-by psychological analysis of another forum member. But I guess since you believe it to be framed as just your opinion then your post will pass the forum censor test.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I bet you don't even realize that you just performed a drive-by psychological analysis of another forum member.
Of course I realize it. After all, before submitting I did delete the part about how therapy would help make him happier with his penis. I'm not entirely lacking self-awareness. :)

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I just went back and read the entire thread and there was plenty of politicization on both sides and really if you think about it none of it was germane to the discussion topic. We all have gotten so used to injecting cheap shots that we do it, many times, without thinking.
And we've been big boys and it hasn't been an issue in this community for 20* years. And now, apparently, it is. <shrug>

*longer, I'm sure, but that's what I can speak to.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
And we've been big boys and it hasn't been an issue in this community for 20* years. And now, apparently, it is. <shrug>

*longer, I'm sure, but that's what I can speak to.
"Not a problem". Right.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Not a problem". Right.

Well if this post doesn't get this non-ASL-related thread "closed for political reasons"...then nothing will.

I await the censorship...

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We will all get used to what is and what is not okay fairly soon. I may not agree with decisions but knkw what? This is not my circus and not my decision to make.
How does one get used to what is and what is not okay when there is no explanation for the modified posts and closed threads?

There is apparently only arbitrary censorship...

Note: I too recognize that the owner has a right to run his forum the way he sees fit. Yet as a small community whose mass participation in Don's forums for years is the only reason why he was able to purchase an established forum such as this...one would think that he would see fit to provide explanations to that very community.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I think it depends on one's ego or that persons pontificate and their failure to understand satire or to take a chill pill or to quite stocking other forum members as we all know he does.

:D

We will not bow down to the Facebook crowd!

And so what if you are thinned skinned, get over your self, I mean really...

Actually I am thinking about getting a colt 45 as well...

Ah the joys of the ASL forums...

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Actually I think some people post just to hear there post count go up and frankly I don't care.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Actually I think some people post just to hear there post count go up and frankly I don't care.
Is that why you posted twice in a row? If you need assistance using the edit function, there is a help feature.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Micro-aggression.

I'm thinking this type of behavior should be censored...
If you post in the Ask the Mods forum, they will likely consider it. I'd be in favour of Don's personal attacks being censored. Maybe the mods could also fix his execrable spelling.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Michael, I did not post any personal attacks but you on the other hand brought up my penis for some reason. Stating a truth like "You are thinned skinned" is not an attack. Asking or talking about my penis is, its really none of your business about my penis so please stop sexually harassing me.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you post in the Ask the Mods forum, they will likely consider it. I'd be in favour of Don's personal attacks being censored. Maybe the mods could also fix his execrable spelling.
Why on earth would I post in the Ask the Mods forum? All I've seen from them lately is itchy-ban finger threats and arbitrary censorship.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I bet you don't even realize at which point your post descended from an opinion on free speech into divisiveness. "thin skinned", "stupid", "intolerant" is the kind of language he's trying to get off the forum by eliminating politics.
None of these words and phrases are politics or strictly the domain of politics. I suspect you are a relatively smart person. If you gather that "eliminating politics" is the same as "be nice to one another", then I have to think his message missed the mark. Eliminating politics won't make people be nice to one another. -- jim

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't see a single "political" post in that thread, though I did see one post that someone could misconstrue as being "political."

Speaking as someone who moderated a large mailing list for 14 years, I can attest that 90% of good moderation when "verboten" subjects are brought up is the moderator simply verbally cautioning people to abide by the rules. People will usually then do so. Draconian measures such as closing threads should be one of the last resorts.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
@RandyT0001 Cary if you are auditioning this guy as your next moderator, it might not work out too well if your aim is to maintain a community.
Seems very clear that new management/ownership isn't interested in maintaining a community. Or at least not in maintaining this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.