Really? "Closed due to Political Content"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Really, Randy...really you had to close a thread, really? You couldn't shuffle it off to some nether-world area of the forum, you could not give a gentle request for a re-direct it so as "warn" folks. No you had to "close it" at less than 12 posts. WOW. [End is Near Folks...in a different way than Jackson was on about...]

Thumbs down icon....oh wait I am denied that given the new king...(use the Adam Savage voice) in 3, 2. 1...

Bring back Maddox...

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
People complained about editing a sentence from a post. Several suggested I just delete the entire post. Similar response here. Instead of deleting the entire thread or just the posts I closed it.

It is not difficult to see which posts caused the closure.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
People complained about editing a sentence from a post. Several suggested I just delete the entire post. Similar response here. Instead of deleting the entire thread or just the posts I closed it.

Which post did?

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Well GS already has one foot in the grave so I guess it’s good we shoot the other knee.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I guess if you haven't the money to buy Facebook, best to get something cheaper and try to make it like that ;) -- jim

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I may not agree with any of you, but someone editing anyone's posts is just crossing personal boundaries and is another form of censorship. Just because someone has the power and then if they don't like what you said they change the context is completely wrong and just another factor of how messed up our society at large has gone and how stupefied things have become and just how thinned skinned a lot of folks have become because they preach tolerance and are anything but tolerant.

With each passing year and each passing law and each "re-education" program or in-sensitivity seminar turned to law to make the sheeple behave, we will never again see the likes of the great men of valor who laid down their lives and risked it all through acts of bravery so that we could have a our freedom, only to have those freedoms trampled on my thinned skinned post editors and other censorship makers.

I look forward to the rapture and to get off this planet and away from all the crazy loonies spraying chemicals into our air and the Illuminati controlled media and state sponsored assassinations of those that oppose the "system", but they will probably lock me up in a gulag or a concentration camp ("re-education" camp) or shoot me for my beliefs before the God Lord comes back to save us.

And guess what I have not been inoculated since 1991 when I got out of the Army and I have had the flu only once and that last 2 days. So this whole coronavirus scare is just that, its been conjured up by the powers that be, feed to the masses by the state controlled government and if you don't stick to the program and be a good boy or girl you'll be drive by the fear.

Thank the Good Lord I have two .38's and an AK-47, lots of water and toilet paper and can foods.

Let see who edits this post or "closes this thread".

I need to roll some boxcars or snakes...

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually for those of us with thick skin it is difficult for the finer nuances of political incorrectness to get through.

Would you care to enlighten us knuckle-draggers?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I suspect it might have been my post.

Also, when it comes to infectious diseases, one has to be very careful drawing broad inferences from personal history. The fact that a particular individual hasn't gotten sick from the cold, flu, Covid-19, etc. doesn't mean that other people won't. There's the luck of genetics that might make one less susceptible to disease X (and possibly more susceptible to disease Y). There's the luck of just not encountering a particular disease vector due to where you live/work/travel which is enhanced by the "herd immunity" effect of all the OTHER people in your area who DID get immunized and so kept the disease from spreading to you. Where you work and what your job is can also modify your chances. I wouldn't want to be working in a doctor's office or at a fast food counter or be a school teacher right now. Also, as of right now, 99% of the people who get Covid-19 will recover, but what about the 1% who don't? If the disease spread far enough and fast enough (which it appears to be doing in a number of countries right now, Italy, Iran, the USA), the health services will be overwhelmed and the people who are most at risk will not be able to get the supportive care they need and so the 1% fatality rate will rise. That's what the whole "flatten the curve" discussion is about. If 150 million people come down with the disease within a short period of time our health system can't cope. If you spread those case out over a long period of time our (societies) chances are better.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
editing anyone's posts is just crossing personal boundaries and is another form of censorship
This is apparent without you needing to explain it.

and just another factor of how messed up our society at large has gone and how stupefied things have become and just how thinned skinned a lot of folks have become because they preach tolerance and are anything but tolerant.
I bet you don't even realize at which point your post descended from an opinion on free speech into divisiveness. "thin skinned", "stupid", "intolerant" is the kind of language he's trying to get off the forum by eliminating politics.

we will never again see the likes of the great men of valor who laid down their lives and risked it all through acts of bravery so that we could have a our freedom, only to have those freedoms trampled on my thinned skinned post editors and other censorship makers.
I rather doubt that guys landed on OMAHA Beach so you could call people who disagree with you snowflakes, libtards and sheeple without repurcussion. In fact, back in the "big one" people of different political stripes banded together and tried to find middle ground. Those "men of valor" also fought for a society where blacks were segregated, you could smoke anywhere you wanted, drinking and driving was a lark.... Things change in other words, and those "great men of valor" had much different values than you do. Trotting them out for a political discussion is just emotional blackmail.

Thank the Good Lord I have two .38's and an AK-47, lots of water and toilet paper and can foods.
None of that, apparently, has helped you navigate the realities of changing society.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I suspect it might have been my post.

Also, when it comes to infectious diseases, one has to be very careful drawing broad inferences from personal history. The fact that a particular individual hasn't gotten sick from the cold, flu, Covid-19, etc. doesn't mean that other people won't. There's the luck of genetics that might make one less susceptible to disease X (and possibly more susceptible to disease Y). There's the luck of just not encountering a particular disease vector due to where you live/work/travel which is enhanced by the "herd immunity" effect of all the OTHER people in your area who DID get immunized and so kept the disease from spreading to you. Where you work and what your job is can also modify your chances. I wouldn't want to be working in a doctor's office or at a fast food counter or be a school teacher right now. Also, as of right now, 99% of the people who get Covid-19 will recover, but what about the 1% who don't? If the disease spread far enough and fast enough (which it appears to be doing in a number of countries right now, Italy, Iran, the USA), the health services will be overwhelmed and the people who are most at risk will not be able to get the supportive care they need and so the 1% fatality rate will rise. That's what the whole "flatten the curve" discussion is about. If 150 million people come down with the disease within a short period of time our health system can't cope. If you spread those case out over a long period of time our (societies) chances are better.
It was not your post...it was in this thread...

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just went back and read the entire thread and there was plenty of politicization on both sides and really if you think about it none of it was germane to the discussion topic. We all have gotten so used to injecting cheap shots that we do it, many times, without thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.