Reaction fire and street fighting first fire (D7. 21)

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
A leader and 2 squads street fight a vehicle in its MPh. The first MMC attack destroys the tank. Both MMC move from a building into a street. Is the second MMC that has not attacked marked with first fire ?

In D7.21 is mentioned "after completing the attack" they are marked with First Fire. The 2nd MMC has not attacked.

buser333

Reaction score
I am by no means sure of this answer but here is my take:

I would say that if the unit moved it "attacked." The last sentence of A11.6 says "PAATC attempts need not be predesignated." So I would think that, unless it was using the PAATC of the accompanying leader, one squad could wait to see the results of the first before committing itself.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Yes to buser333's response. So long as the leader remains in their original Location, he can help both MMCs make their sequential PAATCs and attacks. The first MMC passes a PAATC, advances then attacks. If necessary, the second MMC can take one (also with leadership help), and then that MMC and leader can advance to attack together. I'm actually not 100% sure (more like 96%) that you can simultaneously roll PAATCs to advance the entire stack together, but assuming that you can, everyone should get the 1F counter whether or not the attack is successful or necessary.

Last edited: