re: Gettysburg AAR

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Next turn I get from Rich I'll try to add one. Going to have to be careful with it so I don't give anything away.

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RangerBooBoo said:
Next turn I get from Rich I'll try to add one. Going to have to be careful with it so I don't give anything away.
Great! Mark - one of us must change our avatar or else never post behind the other ... it's messing with my mind!

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Guys, we'll be putting together something a little more formal once the match is done. For now though we will only be able to give very limited shots, otherwise it will give too much away!

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the 3d view! Great for showing the action in detail. 2nd view is good for more of the overview.

Mark - I took the liberty of placing your image on my server so that it could be displayed in-line.

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alex and I are starting up this scenario. I just finished watching the playback from his 1st Rebel turn. Interesting ... what are you doing in the north??

What surprised me though is that he already has a Rebel Minor Victory!! My infantry losses were 252 to his 9 putting him 97 points to the good side of a victory. What the??!!!

rahamy

Reaction score
Generally speaking the attacker will have more losses than the defender, so I guess that's what Doug had in mind when setting the victory conditions.

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
rahamy said:
Generally speaking the attacker will have more losses than the defender, so I guess that's what Doug had in mind when setting the victory conditions.
I understand that but it still seems odd to me that the Rebs don't have to at least take one VP hex before they move into a positive victory level. Where's the incentive to attack??? I guess we are gentlemen so we try to follow the historical situation. For me, I like the victory conditions to help prod players in the right direction.

rahamy

Reaction score
Just the site of all those Yanks waiting to be whooped is enough to get me going! :D

But, yes, when I design a scenario I usually like to place the victory conditions in the middle of a draw, unless I want to force one side to attack, then I place it at a victory level for the defender.

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
rahamy said:
... It's ended as a solid Rebel Minor Victory primarily due to casualties, but the Yanks still hold the field.

Over all an enjoyable game...can use some tweaking in the scenario, primarily removing the victory hex at 26,77, but stilla good play and worth tackling for those looking for a realtively short scenario...
Totally agree on 26,77. Plus at least one of the northern Reb vp hexes should be removed. I really don't see how the Union can get a draw (forget about a win) with the current victory conditions.