Re-crewing UK AFV, then failing UK roll

commissarmatt

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An interesting situation came up today that we didn't quite know how to resolve. A tank got hit by ordnance resulting in immobilization. The crew failed the task check and bailed out. The tank was then fired on again, resulting in a possible shock result. Even with no crew in the tank, we played it that you make a morale roll on the tank to determine whether it is shocked. I think that's correct. The tank was indeed shocked. Next turn the shock turned into an unconfirmed kill, and the crew got back into the vehicle. Now on the next rally phase, what if the unconfirmed kill turns into a kill? Is the crew eliminated or not? I think by a strict reading of the rules the answer is yes, but it seems a bit weird. It wouldn't be the first weird thing in ASL though.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
An interesting situation came up today that we didn't quite know how to resolve. A tank got hit by ordnance resulting in immobilization. The crew failed the task check and bailed out. The tank was then fired on again, resulting in a possible shock result. Even with no crew in the tank, we played it that you make a morale roll on the tank to determine whether it is shocked. I think that's correct. The tank was indeed shocked. Next turn the shock turned into an unconfirmed kill, and the crew got back into the vehicle. Now on the next rally phase, what if the unconfirmed kill turns into a kill? Is the crew eliminated or not? I think by a strict reading of the rules the answer is yes, but it seems a bit weird. It wouldn't be the first weird thing in ASL though.
Per a q&a:
C7.4 Do Shock/UK results apply to an Abandoned AFV? What happens if a crew enters the Shocked/UK AFV?
A. Yes. The crew suffers the fate of the AFV.
[Compil5]
C7.4 Recent Q&A has stated that Shock/UK results apply even to Abandoned AFVs. If a "possible Shock" is the combat result, what Morale does the Abandoned AFV use for the NTC?
A. The standard Morale for an AFV. [Compil9]
I agree that is weird.

JR

commissarmatt

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jazz found the answer in a Q&A:

Tom Jazbutis From Klas' compiled Q&A:
"C7.4 Do Shock/UK results apply to an
Abandoned AFV? What happens if a crew enters
the Shocked/UK AFV?
A. Yes. The crew suffers the fate of the AFV.
[Compil5]

C7.4 Recent Q&A has stated that Shock/UK
results apply even to Abandoned AFVs. If a
"possible Shock" is the combat result, what
Morale does the Abandoned AFV use for the
NTC?
A. The standard Morale for an AFV. [Compil9]"