Rd4 "Cost of Glory" CMAK Tourney

Doodlebug

Reaction score
Country
ll
Whats the word on the games gentlemen?:hmmm:
All should be well into the fighting by now.
:salute:
Doodlebug v Rangerbooboo completed. 77 to 23. Ranger played a great game but i played like a pack of scavenging hyenas. Everytime I bumped into a lone German vehicle it was mobbed by the combat groups of 2 or 3 large bison, carpet salesmen, call girls.... anything which could move in fact and they all succumbed to this tactic. Any infantry were likewise attacked by charging mother in laws. After causing mayhem I decided to exit as per instructions and bar a Girl Guide, one hat stand and a couple of tv dinners I did just that. I think Ranger saw the writing on the wall but credit to him he stuck to the task and tried to inflict as much mayhem in return.

This was the first (and probably only) game where I ordered "congeal". Fragments drifted together and clustered into groupings which set about the neighbours with gusto. Remarkable game!

Last edited:

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys--please watch for game spoilers (even little ones) for those of us who are still playing.

Bruce and I are beginning turn 15. We have maintained a decent pace, especially in light of summer vacation plans.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doodlebug did a great job but I was handicapped as apparently I've downloaded some virus that turns all my orders to the "cower and die like schoolgirls" order.:p

Doodlebug

Reaction score
Country
ll
Guys--please watch for game spoilers (even little ones) for those of us who are still playing.

Bruce and I are beginning turn 15. We have maintained a decent pace, especially in light of summer vacation plans.
You're right. Never thought about it. sorry if this is bad for anyone. Don't think I gave much away but consider it sorted.

Doodlebug

Reaction score
Country
ll
In fact I think the edited post above now reads better than before and is a more accurate account of the battle to boot. Hooray!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whats the word on the final games still being played? :hmmm:

Or has everything come to a halt because Major Who's "jeep" is stuck in the sand? :laugh:

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
well my game with Magoo ground to a draw last week. i took some major losses, but also got a lot of credit for getting the "need to exit" troops off the map, so it kinda balanced out.

I thought Magoo was going to report the game, but it looks like i'll need to make it "official".

fun battle with lots of intense little firefights in the grim darkness. unfortunately Major Who got shot in the back trying to flee into the rocky terrain after his jeep got blown up by a Pz II that came out of nowhere...

:-(

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From all the player comments it sounds like the scenario is playing out even better than I had hoped! :D

I was worried that the, "let the players setup as they like" design with the large "immobilized" vehicle terrain would ruin some of the surprises. :nervous: But it sounds like it worked out well.

I'd like to hear what your thoughts are on if:
All the immobilized vehicles were already padlocked in place, which would mean the large immobilizing terrain square was reduced to just 1 hex. (of course then you would not then be able to set them up as you wanted at all).

If anyone has any other comments or suggestions on improvements let me know.

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bruce and I have our game in the books. It was an honor to have my first CM game with him. I look forward to doing it again before too long.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings all! :D

The 4th round has been completed and the results are in: :supper:

Allied:
1 Major Victory = Doodlebug
1 Tactical Victory = Boff
1 Minor Victory = Triaxe

Axis:
1 Major Victory = KG_jag

Draw:
1 = Maggo/JoeBob

Thanks for another great round of combat! :thumup:

Last edited:

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
btw, do we have to go to the tourney page and enter our individual scores? for some reason after reporting a game it does not seem to "link" to the page and update scores and final victory levels.... :hmmm: