Rd4 "Cost of Glory" CMAK Tourney

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Been alot of contact

Mainly me killing Triaxe's troops.....Major Me is still alive & does major Me have to stay in Jeep?:smoke:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mainly me killing Triaxe's troops.....Major Me is still alive & does major Me have to stay in Jeep?:smoke:
No he just had to start in it.
But do you really expect Maj You to walk across the desert gathering his lost sheep together? :rolleyes:

Bill, the NV equipment was on the truck, the one you probably just exited. Didn't you unload it first, everyone else did.
I think the "briefing" was quite clear on the subject of that equipment, just like it was about the off-shore naval support! :clown:

Boff

Reaction score
Country
ll
Kerry - I just tried to record the result of my tussle with KG Panther but I can't find the scenario in the list?

It turned out to be a tactical victory for the allied side (me) and would have been much closer if my opponent had taken more notice of the briefing.. (sorry Stu :OHNO: )

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Getting close

Triaxe and I are getting close to the end...Kerry I believe you have captured the essence of the night battle ...if not for those areas of ruff for damaged vehicles it wouldbe perfect.:smoke:

Boff

Reaction score
Country
ll
if not for those areas of ruff for damaged vehicles it wouldbe perfect.:smoke:
I thought they were a good innovation, there's no other way I can think of to simulate vehicles that cannot move but are still crewed and able to fight.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes I Agree

I thought they were a good innovation, there's no other way I can think of to simulate vehicles that cannot move but are still crewed and able to fight.
Boff we have to push these computer geeks alittle.;) :smoke:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
... there's no other way I can think of to simulate vehicles that cannot move but are still crewed and able to fight.
The only other way to simulate a disabled but crewed vehicle is:
By the designer "padlocking" the vehicle in place IN a rough or water terrain square (impassible terrain types) during the design process.

However, this of course takes it out of the hands of the players and eliminates their ability to impliment their own setup or ever change those starting positions.

The course I took was to "make" the vehicles be placed in immobile positions but still allow the players to determine exactly where those vehicles would be placed (more or less). This way each game could have a different setup within the disabled terrain restrictions.

:devious:

PS-
Just curious- has anyone seen that "innovation" used before?
Thanks for the comments!

Last edited:

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No

:devious:

PS-
Just curious- has anyone seen that "innovation" used before?
Thanks for the comments!
The only issue is, the rough areas that are not under my control you stay awy from, to advoid little issues of men being killed.:OHNO: :smoke:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I knew that going in but then "it" does fulfill a scenario purpose- that in the dark you just don't know what is out there, an empty space you could use to defend yourself or, enemy units waiting to open up on you. :bandit:

If players plan their tactics and move to avoid such locations (and there are many of them) it has a real impact on how the game flows.

The way to fix it of course is to just setup those immobile vehicles in "single" rough terrain hexes during the design phase. Then every rough terrain hex on the map might contain enemy units. But again that takes away the ability of players to decide where their own forces go.

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
<The Tourney page should be updated soon to show the 4th Round. >

yes, i just happened to take a look at the page, and none of my scores from Olympus are reflected. do i have to re-submit those (if i can find them, that is...) :cry:

well, my game w/Magoo is progressing along nicely, we are now at the halfway point. sure wish some more tank reinforcements would show up. working models that is!

it is in fact quite chaotic out there, with units desperately trying to link up, especially commanders. lost a company commander who stumbled onto a motorized infantry squad with 2 LMG's. ouch!

but i did take out a PzIV with an immobilized Stuart. that was kewl... :clap:

fun scenario, never played anything quite like it. surprised my troops don't shoot each other in the darkness!

:sneak:

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please try and find your old scores

The ladder is messed up and it won't let me recalculate. I've reported this problem. I don't know if there is any connection between the two??????????????

Triaxe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where is the link to the tournaments pages? Can't seem to find it now.