RCP standards?

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
wanting to game out myself and Mick's postulations regarding the restructured ADF, and was looking for the thread/calculator where the average RMCs are found.

In particular, I want to equip 1Armd Rgt with M1A1 AIMs in one scn, and in the other, swap the M1A1s for 3 Battalions of IFV equipped (assuming Warrior thus far) infantry to test.

not the only additions, but that will get me started at least :)

I know Gary Bezant posted a list of UK RCPs, but I have no idea whether they were accurate, or where they are...

cheers for any help :)

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
Jim,

I still have the British RCP's somewhere. If you want them I can look them out and send them to you.

As for accuracy. They stack up reasonably well aginst the shipped RCP's but I can't vouch for them being 100% accurate. I had to make some best guess call's.

I have tweaked them slightly, they are based on a reworked version of an RCP calculator.

Gary

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Well, the unit values that came with the game do not hold up when you attempt to calculate them out with RCPs. What we really need to do is re-do the whole current unit list, proof it, then get Jim to include it in an official patch.

It would be ideal if there were "tabs" or something in the editor that would allow scenario editors to select from different nationalities. In other words, there would be a list of US Army values, Marine, UK, etc.

pamak

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
nice site for digging information

Although the following is not directly related to DA game,I found a lot of useful information including RCP calculators ,smartbooks, NTC exersizes in slide presentations and so on .

Check this

http://www.s2company.com/downloads_frameset.htm

Click on "show me all files" .

Among these files are relative combat power tables ready for download.

You might want to compare this information with DA data.

Rob Carpenter

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Ivan I'd be interested in what you do :)

Last year for the Army Staff College exercise I had to add Canadian, NZ and of course Australian into the mix. Feedback from some of the students helped tweak the Arty and ARH values, but there was no real comment from the other arms.

RCP's is something we don't doctrinally do in RL the same as the US, so there is no guidence there.

Over the next few months I'll again have to revist this as we will be running two exercises at Staff College this year.

Cheers

Rob

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Rob, I'll send ya a copy once I work out the details.

The basic premise of the debate was spending the money on what we did buy (Abrams), or whether it would have been better to take the Brits Warrior/AS90 surplus that we were offered. Been bounced around a few boards, so I thought I should game it out. (Not a perfect solution, but I'm not signing the contracts, so hey :D )

If you want a hand re: Aussie stuff, give me a bell, more than happy to help out if I can.

Gary, if you could pst those files in the WHQ archives, it'd be good, if not, ust send them to me and I'll tweak to fit the scn.

Don: I know the pre-existing DA RCP values have been modifed for ease of use from their CGSC beginnings, but I'm more interested in making the Musorian OPFOR "standard", and have the Aussie BDE (only doing a small scn) not get overwhelmed because I stuffed the RCP values. Though I agree we should have a "yardstick" for assigning values across the board.

Pamak: good find - very interesting in the casual sense, let alone the DA sense :D