RBv2 map transformations not working?

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Is it just me, or are the transformations for this map (gutting individual buildings, etc.) no longer working? Or did they never work? They work fine on the previous version of the map (RB v1.3).

RBv2 v2.3
VASL 6.4.2, VASSAL 3.2.17.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it just me, or are the transformations for this map (gutting individual buildings, etc.) no longer working? Or did they never work? They work fine on the previous version of the map (RB v1.3).

RBv2 v2.3
VASL 6.4.2, VASSAL 3.2.17.
They're not working for me either Bruce. They did work at one time. I'll look into it over the weekend.

Al

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've identified the problem and a fix is in the works.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Cool. (While you're at it, someone might want to update the "v2.1" that's printed on the top right corner of the map! To make future updates easier, it should probably just say "v2".)

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cool. (While you're at it, someone might want to update the "v2.1" that's printed on the top right corner of the map! To make future updates easier, it should probably just say "v2".)
This is scary...I'm thinking like Bruce :) I thought the same thing as I was fixing the terrain transform issue. Done.

Version 2.4 is up for download. The website still says it's 2.3 but it should download as 2.4. I'm trying to fix the website now. Since the website doesn't recognize yet that v2.4 is what you're actually downloading, I don't think the VASL board auto updating feature will work. You may have to manually download the board and overwrite the RBv2 file in your VASL boards folder. I hope to have the website corrected tomorrow.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With Doug's help the website is updated. It says board RBv2 is v2.4 and it downloads for me as v2.4. Please let me know if that's not the case for you.

Also, Bruce, please spread the word on BGG. I saw you were having a discussion about this board over there. Thanks!

Al