RBIII HIP on day1

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Do the Russians get 10% HIP on Oct 17 for free, as the Germans are entering from offboard?
I have been searching for ages to see where this is disallowed, but can't find anything. I don't want to Illegally set up on day 1.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do the Russians get 10% HIP on Oct 17 for free, as the Germans are entering from offboard?
I have been searching for ages to see where this is disallowed, but can't find anything. I don't want to Illegally set up on day 1.
Why do the Russians get 10% free HIP? You read it wrong, it says ‘max’ 10% HIP or something like that.

PS be sure to buy two 80mm ART batteries with them HIP observers with field phones (be careful ‘cause the leaders must start in the same hex as a MMC). Also, a militia company looks kinda nice see’in how you only got 8 CPP to spend.

That’s 6/8 points, what to do with the last two points ? Mols? Very nice. fortifications ? Very nice. Dug in KV platoon ? Very nice. I’m going with a 120mm upgrade for one of those sneaky HIP field phone guys, put fear into the Germans.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I haven't played for a very long time, and for some reason, I and it in my head that if the attacker started with no units on board, the defender got 10% HIP.
Probably just a brain malfunction of my part.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
No, the defender is not given 10% HIP units if the attacker starts offboard. bendizoid is correct that 10% is the limit of purchased HIP capability with FPP.

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Like I said, I haven't played in ages.
Brain not yet working again.
Only buying 1 OBA battery for day one. Too much other stuff to buy.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
The Russians need to buy two 80mm modules and two conscript companies, it is all about slowing the German advance and having more bodies.
Scott is correct. Need to throw those factory worker conscripts into the fray early while they can still get into a factory and go fanatic.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also both opponents will need to have an iron clad pmc, because there will be days when one side is getting super lucky and the otherside is suffering.

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also both opponents will need to have an iron clad pmc, because there will be days when one side is getting super lucky and the otherside is suffering.
S**t this is every HASL CG my brother and I do... I crushed him last scenario and he's crushing me now... using my own smoke against me...

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Strangly, when I play another CG, the swings of luck or the swings of fate do not bother me, in RB, its different, I can get emotional at times, Its strange I know.

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Personally, I max out on infantry first, always 2 coys... a rifle coy in res and the scripts up front as speed bumps to preserve your good troops, occasionally I'll go for dug in KV's but you have to know they are Stuka bait on day 2 should they survive day 1. Toys are nice but CG, RB especially, is about K to D ratio's. Basically your CPP purchases must kill his, so your 4 CPP worth of Ru Infantry needs to kill half a coy of the 467's.

The 'red carpet' defense has always worked well for me, and Ive used it a lot. The only day I worry about it not working is day 1.