RbF and ASLOK

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,
RbF has been at the printers for a week, so would easily be ready for ASLOK. However, I made a very bad assumption. We are working with a new printer, and for the first time ever gave it to them in a program more advanced than they have. Easy, just resave at lower version right? No, cant do it. The good news is that we found a workaround and are on track except one page, just a week behind. I talked to them today and they are very confident it will be ready in time. Just in case we have 3 possibilities:

1) done on time
2) late, but overnight several boxes to Cleveland (fri or sat)
3) if it doesn’t get done, we will still sell there. Will have examples on hand, and scen cards for those that buy and want to play. Will ship right after the tourney.

We will also have OtOs, BtBs, etc, so pick one up there if you want. As per the message I sent out a few weeks ago, pricing, shipping, etc changes right after ASLOK.

The really good news is that the few people that have seen final drafts of the mag were very impressed!:)

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks,
Chas

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know where/if this fits into the scheme of things, but I would love it if HoB could re-do the DASL board that came with the Hell on Wheels pack so it was graphically up to par with the new one.

Klaus Fischer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The Bf2 DASL mapboard is a continuation to the HOW pack and therefore will be unmounted (but with the more up-to-date quality as the BtB boards).

A sneak-peak of the board is available at our homepage
http://www.heatofbattle.com

We still hope that Mean Jeanne isn't interfering with the printers and count on RbF2 making it's debut at ASLOK.

And to be honest.....I'm very excited about it and I look to your feedback :cool:

Klaus

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We may reprint BF1, providing the customer support is there. Our graphics are much better now. How much desire is out there for DASL/scens????

chas

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
chas said:
We may reprint BF1, providing the customer support is there. Our graphics are much better now. How much desire is out there for DASL/scens????

chas
There are at least three of us for sure in Portland.

Keith

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
very intrested.

Scott

chas said:

chas

Stevedeth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I should be arriving on Thurday to ASLOK with all the remaining BtBs and other items.

SD

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
quick update here. assuming murphy doesnt interfere, supposed to have mags on friday or monday. our website will soon be updated for ordering. if going to aslok, recommend you just wait and buy there.

DASL. for those of you that want us to continue, please play one or both of them and provide some feedback on them and the map. There is a very interesting MMC attack option for the Norwiegans in one:)

I will keep you posted as things get updated.

chas

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
update. everything is rolling along. mag and player aid "on the press". will look at map proof later today. After the btb fiasco, fired printer. this may have been a blessing in disguise. except for the program glitch, the new one is awesome! They are working overtime to have ready for aslok.

also website is going under construction over next 24 hours. Hopefully will be operational tomorrow and you can start ordering rbf. Planning to start shipping friday, 8 oct.

chas

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
chas said:
update. everything is rolling along. mag and player aid "on the press". will look at map proof later today. After the btb fiasco, fired printer. this may have been a blessing in disguise. except for the program glitch, the new one is awesome! They are working overtime to have ready for aslok.

also website is going under construction over next 24 hours. Hopefully will be operational tomorrow and you can start ordering rbf. Planning to start shipping friday, 8 oct.

chas
Will I be able to order this through www.gamersarmory.com ? Sorry, HOB products are great but the shipping packaging is well, poor.

Keith

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
making the shipping/packaging statement is probably a little unfair. we have never had this problem before BtB, and cant believe the number of orders we've had with problems. Although we do support game stores, we might as well throw in the towel if a high % of customers do not buy directly from us. The mark up and volume is not that high.

chas

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
chas said:
making the shipping/packaging statement is probably a little unfair. we have never had this problem before BtB, and cant believe the number of orders we've had with problems. Although we do support game stores, we might as well throw in the towel if a high % of customers do not buy directly from us. The mark up and volume is not that high.

chas
Sorry to be unfair but with me it was more than BtB, when I made a $100 order and both arrived unsealed in paper envelopes, I count my blessings.

Love your products though,

Keith

da priest

Reaction score
chas said:
making the shipping/packaging statement is probably a little unfair. ...
Not really, chas, it points to a problem that can be corrected. All that needs to be done is up-grade the packaging, charging more for it. Then put a leash on Steve D. and tell him, no more product ready-by or mail-out-by dates.

I think part of the problem was the delayed printing and Steve's understandable desire to get the product out as quickly as possible to his fellow ASLers.

Next time get all the stuff together(checked for accuracy and completeness) and just announce that you are starting collating, and it will be shipped in order of receipt of orders, over the next two weeks.

"Haste makes waste" :devil:

Oh, and tell the gang what you are doing to correct the problem, an informed ASLer, by a responsive product producer, is a happy(well not really disgruntled) ASLer. :laugh:

You see, we ASLers know your gang are fellow ASLers, who do this because you love The Game(unlike another gang we all know).:smoke:

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
chas said:

chas
The HOB website only shows how to order your products through PayPal. I absolutely refuse to do business with this bunch. So if you want me to order direct, there needs to be clear, easy to find instructions on how to that without using PayPal. Otherwise, I will continue to order through FineGames.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
mostly agree with the previous few comments

have a few things I must address.

BtB was a preorder and advertised as such. Sometimes we will have to do this to generate revenue for very high cost print items. We typically give the preorder customer something in return. Yes, we are ultimately responsible, but we got screwed by the now fired printer. Steve gave ship dates based on the printer timeline, with added time for typical error.

From a packaging standpoint I have gotten boxes, envelopes, etc with no damage or delay. I am not 100% sure what the real problem is, since prior to btb i cannot recall this being a big issue????. We are looking into the feasibility of shrinkwrapping, and upgrading packaging for future stuff like btb and oto.

waterrabbit. I agree that some of the website may be confusing, and we are currently working on redoing some things. However, ordering without paypal is simple. Send appropriate ckeck to HoB to the address. Ensure your name/address is clearly written on something. Please email me directly if you have any more questions or problems.

Believe it or not, I really appreciate the input. Constructive criticism can only help us be better.

thanks
chas

Stevedeth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ordering and BtB shipping.

Ordering from us without paypal is possible via mail to

Steve Dethlefsen
525 Golf Lane
Lake Forest, IL. 60045-2114

Usually if you mail order and email me I will ship out your product the before I get the check.

BtB had been a vexing problem. We are doing our best to try and resolve all issues. The biggest problem is that the size of it is not conductive to a simple solution. I have upgraded the packaging and protection after the issues became known. The first batch with the unmounted maps was really an issue.

Thanks for the input and we will improve every day!

Steve