RB Reserve Cloak Dummy Counters

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Per O11.621 Footnote 7, "?" counters may ber purchased as "Dummy Reserve Cloaking Counters. Does that mean you could spend 17 FPP on "?" and place them onboard as a Dummy Reserve Coy? Even in NO reserve Coys were bought for that CG Day?

I see nothing in O11.6194 or CG15 that would prevent this. However, I have never read a RB AAR that stated somebody had done this. I think this is a potentially devious tactic, but is it legal?

As an aside, I posted this very same question 3 weeks ago to MMP QA, and I have not received a response. Is anybody else having trouble getting responses direct from MMP?

FrankH.

Reaction score
Ganjulama said:
Per O11.621 Footnote 7, "?" counters may ber purchased as "Dummy Reserve Cloaking Counters. Does that mean you could spend 17 FPP on "?" and place them onboard as a Dummy Reserve Coy? Even in NO reserve Coys were bought for that CG Day?

I see nothing in O11.6194 or CG15 that would prevent this. However, I have never read a RB AAR that stated somebody had done this. I think this is a potentially devious tactic, but is it legal?

As an aside, I posted this very same question 3 weeks ago to MMP QA, and I have not received a response. Is anybody else having trouble getting responses direct from MMP?
The concealment counters that you buy from FFP can be used either as dummies, added concealment to units, or as dummy reserve counters. Legal.

Even if you bought no dummy reserver Coy.

I think this is not done very often.

Frank

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very legal, very good idea, but seldom done because most Russian Players are getting at least one company in reserve each day anyhow. Add to the fact that a company will get between 12 and 17 dummy counters off the bat, and that you aren't prohibited from setting up stacks where the dummies are, this can cover lots of ground without using FPP.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think this tactic would be much more relavant in a small CG, like CGIV or CGIII. The Germans are very thin at start in CGIV. I considered using a 'dummy' reserve Coy to cover the big Manhall flank, and buying 2 Coys for offboard entry. This allows the Coys setting up onboard to concentrate facing south. Then one Coy enters right off the bat. The other can (a) play possum by staying offboard. If the Russians don't put reserves in the Bread Factory, they might be tempted to strip some men for the fight to the north. Then they would be in for a rude suprise. (b) react in case the Russians figure out the bluff.