RB perimeter Q on board edge control and burning stuff.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, lets say I decide to start burning down the area along the southern RB board edge, does this terrain convert to the Germam perimeter even though he does not control that edge or enter on at the appropriate dates?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok here is a pic of what I am trying to get across, the russians are attempting to burn most of the terrain so as not to give the germans cover when they are able to enter on along that area at later dates in the campaign. My opponent argues that if I do burn down the terrain along the southern edge that he would be allowed to enter on map automatically along the southern edge which I say is not right.

burning rb Q.jpg

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
SSR CG9:

GERMAN INFANTRY/AFV RG: enter on north-/west-edge land hex(es) depending on the current CG Day [EXC: entry is always allowed via any non-East edge hex that is currently friendly-Controlled and was friendly-Controlled at scenario start]:

17-19 October: on/between A9 and U1;
20-22 October: on/between A22 and U1;
On/after 23 October: on/between A45 and U1.

Looks to me that if the Germans Controll those south-edge hexes at CG scenario start he may enter on them if still Controlled when the reinforcements enter.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correct, so if I start burning stuff down on the 18th which is the day I am currently on, then he still cannot claim control of those edge hexes because he does not allowed to enter due to the date dependent entry dates. Correct? Also, thank ya very much for answering these Q's Klas.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Correct, so if I start burning stuff down on the 18th which is the day I am currently on, then he still cannot claim control of those edge hexes because he does not allowed to enter due to the date dependent entry dates. Correct? Also, thank ya very much for answering these Q's Klas.
The dates in SSR CG9 does not apply to the (marked in red) exception. So if the Germans Control a south-edge hex, I think he can enter on that hex regardless of date.

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The dates in SSR CG9 does not apply to the (marked in red) exception. So if the Germans Control a south-edge hex, I think he can enter on that hex regardless of date.
I agree. Burning these hexes would pass control to the Germans in the refit phase. Then they could enter the next day regardless of date because they would own them.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Why only enter? The Germans are allowed to set up in their non-isolated controlled area (O11.6244).

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Yes and for 1 CPP the Germans may build two Trenches and six 1S Foxholes if the Area is open and the kindling will also have an effect on the Russian reserve line.