RB map - large white center dot?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
On the RB map, there are single-hex buildings with large white center dots, for example DD41. I seem to remember that this means the building has an upper floor, but I can't find the reference in the rules. Where is the large white center dot explained?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thank you very much!

Who'd have thought that you have to look in the section on village terrain for your Stalingrad game... ?
It is due to the fact that those terrain rules stemmed from HASL and weren't in the first edition of the rules.
I presume that MMP added [edit] section 31 to avoid reshaping the whole chapter B.
One level, one hex buildings certainly should belong to [edit] section 23, along all the other building rules.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is due to the fact that those terrain rules stemmed from HASL and weren't in the first edition of the rules.
I presume that MMP added chapter 31 to avoid reshaping the whole chapter B.
One level, one hex buildings certainly should belong to chapter 23, along all the other building rules.
Having a rough day there Robin? Seems that you're mixing up chapters with rules sub-sections. No biggie, been there done that! (Hope it gets better!) ;)?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Indeed.
I was speaking of paragraphs or sections.
There aren't numbered chapters anyway.
I will go and edit my post.

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Probably - it was easier to simply port (more-or-less) section P5 into a new section in Chapter B.
No doubt they intended to drop an exception to B23.21 cross-referencing B31.3, when they published the 3rd Ed. of the RB. So when was "P5"?