RB Front Line Location?

waloonga

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I am currently playing CG III of RB and I am stuck on a rules question. My opponent has managed to lodge a measly squad in a cellar behind enemy lines - the day is over and we have drawn the perimiter. The squad in the cellar is definitely in a Pocket, but is this location also a Front Line Location? I cannot seem to find a clear ruling on this. The reason I am asking is I am playing the Russians and have bought reserves. As the reserves can only set up >= 6 hexes from a Front Line Location, does the guy in the cellar restrict my setup or can I ignore him?

My working assumption is that his cellar location is still a Front Line Location, thus forcing my reserves to retreat further than I really like.

Thanks for any responses.

-Daniel

John LaPlante

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Daniel-

waloonga said:
I am currently playing CG III of RB and I am stuck on a rules question. My opponent has managed to lodge a measly squad in a cellar behind enemy lines - the day is over and we have drawn the perimiter. The squad in the cellar is definitely in a Pocket, but is this location also a Front Line Location? I cannot seem to find a clear ruling on this.
Yes. Front Line locations are defined as a "Location that belongs to a:thumbsdown: (Alternate) Hex Grain of a Perimiter..."

Per O11.6056 (last sentence) Pockets are still cosidered part of the "Perimiter Area, even though physically seperate from the main Perimeter Area."

-John L.

FrankH.

Reaction score
waloonga said:
I am currently playing CG III of RB and I am stuck on a rules question. My opponent has managed to lodge a measly squad in a cellar behind enemy lines - the day is over and we have drawn the perimiter. The squad in the cellar is definitely in a Pocket, but is this location also a Front Line Location? I cannot seem to find a clear ruling on this. The reason I am asking is I am playing the Russians and have bought reserves. As the reserves can only set up >= 6 hexes from a Front Line Location, does the guy in the cellar restrict my setup or can I ignore him?

My working assumption is that his cellar location is still a Front Line Location, thus forcing my reserves to retreat further than I really like.

Thanks for any responses.

-Daniel
Whoa!

Better check O11.6054, first sentance...

"Each side now places Perimeter markers, one at a time, in ground level Locations that contain a friendly Infantry MMC/Control-marker...."

If you control the ground level Location at scenario end, your opponent may not place a control marker there.

O11.6057 states that non-ground-level pockets are not indicated by Perimeter markers.

The way I read O11.2 is that Front Line Locations are always Perimeter marker related, and thus only ground level Locations.

Above comments are from version 1 of the chapter O.

Frank H.

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
I'm with Frank here. It's a cellar pocket, so no perimeter markers are placed and it's not considered a Front Line Location.
The nail in the coffin in this case is that a FLL is defined as 'part of a loop of adjacent FLLs'.

Get those reserves nice and close so that if it emerges you can activate them :)