RB example wrong?

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
According to the O11.6066 Example, the German Squad in H41ground level is Isolated.
I can't find anything that makes him Isolated. Is this an error or have I missed something?

The simplified version of a Perimeter is (11.6054): "Each side now places Perimeter markers in ground-level Locations that contain a friendly Infantry-MMC/Control-marker."

The example further states: "H41 and G43 become Russian Perimeter Area hexes and therefore their ground levels become Isolated since they are now part of both Perimeters."
Why is this?

?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've looked the situation over several times and re-read the rules involved; from what I can discern from the definition of control and perimeter determination the two Russian Units (T & D) are isolated but neither Hex H41 or G43 ground level locations should be. I would think this would be a good selection for a Q to Perry. JMHO and my batting average hasn't been that good of late.

geezer

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think the last sentence of O11.6056 is what you are looking for.

The pocket is part of the russian perimeter > that hex is within both russian and german perimter > it is an isolated area as per o11.6051

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the last sentence of O11.6056 is what you are looking for.

The pocket is part of the russian perimeter > that hex is within both russian and german perimter > it is an isolated area as per o11.6051
However, because the ground level locations are German controlled/occupied, the Russian player cannot include those in his perimeter determination {See RF11.6054 for placing Perimeter Markers}. Also since G43 ground level is a Strategic Location, it can never be considered No-Mans-Land (11.6051) nor since it is German controlled can it be included in the Russian perimeter determination. To tell you the truth, it has me stimed at least and confused at best.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
While the hex can't be part of the Russian Perimeter - I think it might still be part of the Russian Perimeter Area.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While the hex can't be part of the Russian Perimeter - I think it might still be part of the Russian Perimeter Area.
Looked at it again and don't see how this could be possible, especially for hex G43. Both Russian units would be isolated and form their own pockets on level 1 as in no fashion can the base level of the hex be included within the Russian perimeter. Like I said previously, it certainly has me stumped.:unsure:o_O