Dan
Country
llSlovenia

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
You do like stirring crap*, Troll! ( word changed to one ok'ed by Admin so as not to offend)

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You would be better off posting this in the ASL FB page, there you would be able to troll a whole bunch more morons. Heck last week, there must have been three or four threads on CH with the usual suspects responding. And these were the same idiots that said the forums were full of trolls, well, I guess those trolls have since moved to FB.

too funny.

Lastly, I think this thread belongs in the CH folder.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is correct, putting RT's name into the subject line was just a poor attempt to troll the forums. Pitman you will never be lol.

Then you should have been more circumspect about the thread title.

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
I won't pretend to fully understand the algorithm employed, but the nature of the dataset the guy used (boardgamegeek ratings) would seem to heavily favor recent designers and designers who draft games for popular systems. As an example, Redmond Simonsen doesn't even appear on the list.

Regardless, these sorts of lists mostly seem to exist to stir debate irrespective of the methodology used.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And he really the designer? Doesn't he just slap his name on whatever he gets his hands on?

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I am beginning to get worried. I am agreeing with you and Dave Ginnard way more than I think is healthy.

A good bourbon or single malt scotch will help you out.

BW92

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ray deserves his rating on BGG.
What have any one of you guys done to outperform him - and earn a higher rating as a game designer yourselves?

It seems some ASL players on this board apparently feel Ray is a real threat to be feared, and somehow is important enough to endanger whatever it is you hold dear.
Some of you try to deprive him and his employees of the right to make a living - because I see many posts urging people not to try his products.
Why? Do people trying an ATS product threaten the future of MMP and ASL?

Otherwise, I can no reason to obsess over anything CH or Ray Tapio do....very distasteful, just like SJW's trying to ruin people and cause real harm...because they don't think correctly.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Some of you try to deprive him and his employees of the right to make a living - because I see many posts urging people not to try his products.
How many employees does he employ? How many are full-time and part-time? Are any employees members of his family?

Blachorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well some of the CH stuff he put out for ASL at the start was fairly decent. Lately though it seems to be mostly higher priced reprints of early stuff - often without fixing the issues in the first printing. A fair amount that seems to have had little if any playtesting given the issues they have. So as far as ASL goes, some stuff is good - but the bulk is mediocre to poor. Basically just be careful in your buying selections and don't be the first one to jump in, wait for the reviews.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ray deserves his rating on BGG.
What have any one of you guys done to outperform him - and earn a higher rating as a game designer yourselves?

It seems some ASL players on this board apparently feel Ray is a real threat to be feared, and somehow is important enough to endanger whatever it is you hold dear.
Why? Do people trying an ATS product threaten the future of MMP and ASL?

Otherwise, I can no reason to obsess over anything CH or Ray Tapio do....very distasteful, just like SJW's trying to ruin people and cause real harm...because they don't think correctly.
Holy crap, way to bottom out within your first 25 posts. Talk about social justice warrior, nobody has a "right" to make a living. That's not a right. You maybe should concern yourself with things that are real rights, you know rights that people fight for everyday instead of your made up bullshit.