jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
National Capabilities Charts
AMERICAN
USMC
Circled 5-5-8 should be preceded by dagger (Stealthy unless Para) instead of 4-5-8 ones.
The latest edition is "2nd Edition +".

Odd titling, but there it is....
The two-plus edition was a bit more that a "second printing" of version two in that it incorporated some errata and made some minor format changes (e.g. adding page numbers). Version two-plus is better than version two, but if you had version two you could soldier on with it. Version three will incorporate the new Forgotten War material. In the two edition the dagger was on the line with the 4-5-8, the next line below the 5-5-8. In the two-plus edition it is corrected. I have the change written in on my edition two, so someone else found it first. Can't tell you where or when.

JR

Andrei Shhh

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Andrei
Country
llRussia
Well, it's really handy. I'll just report things when I'd encounter them. Been sorting the Marines. :)

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Should have been titled: "2nd Edition Way Better". The tiny + is hard to see with my age 40+ eyes without my ASL magnifying glass (much like vehicle names on scenario cards).

Just kidding.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for your interest in our Rat charts. I will be able to give an answer by the end of September. Sorry for the delays...

X
No problem at all. My 2nd edition charts are well-used, but I'm happy to update, especially if Korea material is add. Thanks!

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got a house in Spain where I use to go about once a year (thanks to the benefits of LFT :laugh:) , already know Cancun (which looks like much more an American :flag: colony than Mexico by the way), and will wait to be back in Europe to visit again Cleveland and hopefully some other great ASL locations :) I would love to visit Austin and NYC of course, specially our BFP friends....

As far as the "exotic side" is concerned, there are plenty of other destinations that I'd like to visit like South-Africa, Sri-Lanka, Peru, Mongolia... and plenty others within your country. Since I should retire within 8 years after nearly 40 years of active duty within the Corps, I will then probably try to do what Bill "Fish" Conner did: an ASL world tour, with the help of some players around the world.... This is really something I'd like to do when quitting.

Cheers,

X
Well I never been to Spain but I kinda like the music.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Got a house in Spain where I use to go about once a year (thanks to the benefits of LFT :laugh:) , already know Cancun (which looks like much more an American :flag: colony than Mexico by the way), and will wait to be back in Europe to visit again Cleveland and hopefully some other great ASL locations :) I would love to visit Austin and NYC of course, specially our BFP friends....

As far as the "exotic side" is concerned, there are plenty of other destinations that I'd like to visit like South-Africa, Sri-Lanka, Peru, Mongolia... and plenty others within your country. Since I should retire within 8 years after nearly 40 years of active duty within the Corps, I will then probably try to do what Bill "Fish" Conner did: an ASL world tour, with the help of some players around the world.... This is really something I'd like to do when quitting.

Cheers,

X
There's Hong Kong, on the exotic side.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Errata :: Nationality Chart, British, Gurkha ..

Original text "Gurkha: -1 CC DRM"
Rules: "A25.43 .. Each Gurkha Hand-To-Hand CC attack receives an extra -1 DRM ..."

Missing "Hand-To-Hand"

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Consider adding entries on the "A4 MF / PP Chart" for carrying a wounded leader. The values are different than the MMC or MMC with Leader ones because while there is a leader involved, the leader's IPC is zero. Similarly a wounded leader will improve movement in cases of extreme PP loads even though it has a zero IPC.

JR

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You might think of a Rat Pocket Charts Volume 2, in which you have terrain and other charts for all the official HASLs. Seems like it would perhaps be a more logical place for the Forgotten War stuff, too.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know X plans to add FW to the new edition. FW is not a HASL, but a Core # module.

There is no plan to account for HASL terrain...

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I made no suggestion that HASL's be added to the new edition. I made a suggestion that there be a second volume.