Rat Pocket Charts ver 2

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got edition 2+ of the charts and like the format very much. Very handy to carry with me when I'm on the road. I'm really curious though why the design decision to drop the IFT FP and DRM modifier table?

If it's okay to offer some constructive feedback for the next version, I'd put a full IFT on the cover (to include the symbols for fires, shellholes, etc) and the IFT FP and DRM table on the back cover vice the index so you could easily flip from back cover to front cover when calculating an IFT shot.

But again, very nice overall. I really like the OBA and overrun flowcharts and the national capability charts. Those items I never seemed to have with me when I needed them while on the road. Now I do. Thank you.

Allan

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Got edition 2+ of the charts and like the format very much. Very handy to carry with me when I'm on the road. I'm really curious though why the design decision to drop the IFT FP and DRM modifier table?
I just checked my v2 vs v2+, and I don't understand what table you're missing?

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe table was the wrong description. I'm referring to the box of FP or DR modifiers that apply to the IFT.

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have been using the new charts for about 2w and already one tab is wearing significantly. Going to have to look for some way to laminate this to see that is lasts a good long time. It wouldn't wear if it wasn't a great tool that was in my hands most of the time.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The original has a blue cover and has 2nd Edition, while the other has a green cover and 2nd edition+. You will also know by looking inside to see whether the various fixes are present. If it has page numbers and an index, it's 2+.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Kindling Numbers chart on p.17: drm -> DRM. Also it would be nice to have the DRM for unit size on the chart.

edit: the unit size DRM is on the Kindling Attempt chart, so I withdraw the recommendation above (but drm still needs to be DRM). For me it's not obvious why Kindling Numbers & Kindling Attempt are two different charts, and I would suggest combining them.

JR

Last edited:

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I almost ordered the V2+ charts, however I've decided to hold off until the (inevitable?) New version with the Korean war info tables is released.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
As reported in a post on BGG, the v2 charts have an error: C5 Firer-Based Hit Determination DRM: Case E should not have the green "L" tag. Case E is NA for LATW.

I don't know if this error is repeated in the v2+ charts.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
As reported in a post on BGG, the v2 charts have an error: C5 Firer-Based Hit Determination DRM: Case E should not have the green "L" tag. Case E is NA for LATW.

I don't know if this error is repeated in the v2+ charts.
This is not an error, although perhaps the choice of green for color could be criticized. Perhaps. Note "L" says, "Not applicable to LATW using own To Hit Table". As you and the footnote both correctly say, Case E is n/a for LATW. This is correct in both v2 & v2+.

Now one place the green "L" might not be 100% correctly applied is "Aerial attack vs Upper-Cliff cave/its contents". There were several observation planes that had bazookas mounted on them (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Carpenter_(lieutenant_colonel) ), and I don't think they should be any more accurate against upper level caves than other aircraft.

JR

Last edited: