Rat Pocket Charts v3

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I will vote differently. The problem I have with my Rat charts is the pages lift more than one at a time. Especially the non-tabbed pages at the front of my v2 charts (I have 4 of them so clearly I like them a lot). The static on laminated pages is only going to make that worse. If I were king for a day, I would push all the artwork and tables to the left edge of the page and use the new found space on the right to make room for more tabs. I would then tab every page.

If you do this, please for the love of all things holy, don't use Tabs of the same length for different pages (I'm looking at you To Hit and To Kill charts). Tabbing EVERY page would make these perfect. Just my .02€ -- jim

PS: Even with four of the v2 charts, the one I mainly use is beginning to look worn and shabby like my QRDC. The tabs are dog eared. I really use the hell out of it. I haven't used my official charts in a long while. I am not even sure I brought them to Germany with me :) I like your charts that much. They are the top notch.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You know. Following on Jim’s idea. Perhaps you can tab some pages on the bottom and tab other pages on the (both) sides so the tabs don’t get too small.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
You know. Following on Jim’s idea. Perhaps you can tab some pages on the bottom and tab other pages on the (both) sides so the tabs don’t get too small.
Which is why I was trying to create space on the right side for more tabs. I already use glasses to read the thing if the fonts need to get a teeny bit smaller too. If the artwork around the pages disappeared to make more room for tabs, I would not be disappointed. :) -- jim

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There will be more tabs - i am not sure exactly how many or if every page - Xavier can answer that one. I beleive I saw where Xavier sated that the TH/TK charts are following the IFT/IIFT charts at the beginning.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi all and thank you for your input and ideas.

The main problem for the lateral tabs is that there is simply no room left in many of the pages, thus, we have added 6 other tabs for a total of 15.

JRV came up with a "home made" solution, cutting with scissors just a little bit of paper on some of the tabs. I think he posted a picture of it somewhere in a dedicated tread for the Rat Pocket Charts.

In the meanwhile, here is a picture of the tabs for the upcoming version of the Charts.

As you can see, we have moved TH & TK tables on pages 4 and 5, so that they will come up right after the IFT & IIFT.

I confirm there will be 52 pages, and I am trying to see if we can made 2 printing batches without spending too much: one with laminated covers, another one without, so that people may select which one to chose. Don't know yet if it will be worth it and possible though, but will tell you as soon as possible. Comms between French Guyana and Cambodia are everything but easy. ;)

All the best,

X

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just submitted a fresh meter reading to British Gas, got a nice credit refund of £40 coming so I shall shuffle that away to be used to pay for
one of your awesome new Rat Charts when they come out :D

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Which is why I was trying to create space on the right side for more tabs. I already use glasses to read the thing if the fonts need to get a teeny bit smaller too. If the artwork around the pages disappeared to make more room for tabs, I would not be disappointed. :) -- jim
True .. perhaps one side will be enough.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Will order a set with Second Chance Games as soon as they put them up for sale

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hey Xavier,
Looks like a lot of work has gone into getting those ready for us, they look tremendous
so thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in here (I was really happy to see that you included details for the LFT14 Italians :D)

I'll get a copy with Second Chance Games when they have it on sale.

Laminating them is just the icing on the cake