Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi all,

The Rat Pocket Charts v3 are nearly finished, and before sending them to the printers there are several possibilities I would like to discuss with our fellow supporters.

• Would you like to have laminated cover ?
  • Laminated TH / TK ?
We have already decided to move these TH & TK charts right after the IIFT, i.e. to pages 4 & 5. Thus, answering yes to ‘’Laminated TH & TK’’ would mean to have the first 6 pages laminated, as well as the last 2 pages (51 and 52). And yes, this version is really thicker! :)

I still don’t know if technically, this can be possible but before going any further, since this would have a cost, I prefer to ask you all.

Thus far, their price should be more or less Euros 40 €, but with these laminations, it may rise up to 45 or so and we don’t know if it’s worth doing it.

Don’t ask me now all the differences between v 2 + and this v3, we will update our site shortly with all the details, and all our usual retailers will be able to provide the information you may need as well.

All the best,

X

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
X

Lamination would be nice and thanks for the good news on V3!!

Stay safe
Joe

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I don't think that lamination is necessary.

Some of the usefulness of the Rat Pocket (sic!) Charts lies in its comparably small size. Version 3 will be thicker than any previous version and lamination would make it yet thicker. I think it should be kept 'Pocket' size as much as possible.

Furthermore, let's be realistic: In a not too distant time, there will be a 'Rat Pocket Chart v3.1' because v3.0 will be out of stock and some inevitable mistakes will have been found in v3.0. Until that time, v3.0 will serve its purpose well enough as it has been in the past with versions v1, v2, v2+.

von Marwitz

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I vote for laminated covers.
Any additional lamination is icing on an already most delicious cake!
(Am a huge Rat Pocket Chart fan!)

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
3.0 laminated
3.1 (because there will be a 3.1 for sure) not laminated.
I will buy three of the laminated ones. Where can I pre-order them? :)

ASL Maineiac

Reaction score
So we don't know what the differences are between v2 and v3 yet? I have the opportunity to buy a v2 for $24 shipped and wondering if I should pull the trigger. I was about to before seeing that X posted this yesterday!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
So we don't know what the differences are between v2 and v3 yet? I have the opportunity to buy a v2 for $24 shipped and wondering if I should pull the trigger. I was about to before seeing that X posted this yesterday!
As far as I know, v3 will include Korea stuff of the newest Core Module, which is probably the greatest difference. Then I know that many typos etc. have been caught. Somewhere here in the forum there was a dedicated thread to catching errors of the previous version.

Note, that there was a v2 and a v2+. If you have the v2, probably v3 is worth getting even if you are not much into Korea.

von Marwitz