Rat Pocket Charts v3 errata

Tesgora

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I thought starting a thread for the Rat Pocket Charts v3 errata. For instance, I noticed on chart p.22 for C3.9 Location of vehicular hit that both the Turret and Hull hits show the equal sign. In reality only the Hull Hit should, as the C3.9 rule is Turret/upper structure hit when the colored dr is lower than the white dr (not lower or equal).
Interestingly, the Rat Pocket Charts 2nd Edition+ didn't have this error. This means that the upgrade process is introducing error(s) despite the best efforts, I am sure, of the LFT team to weed them out.

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Page 22, Table C10.3. It states "Mandhandling" for Manhandling. Also the symbols have to be >/=/< respectively

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
From "csiemers" in another thread:

page 7, under A14.3 Sniper Attack, the top grey highlighted line states "Successful Sniper Check = Final DR <= 2; Pin = Final DR 3" That line should be in the A14.4 Sniper Check section.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
From Tim Deane via FaceBook:

Page 4, Chart C5, The Cross Symbol for the NA to Area Target Type is mis-aligned. It should be align with Cases C1, C2, C3, C4, E and G.

Page 8, Chart A22.6 Molotov Cocktails in the Effects section, Last box, replace the "DRM: +2 OT..." with TK# CHANGE: +2 OT..

Page 10, in the Title Line, replace WORD with WORLD.

Page 22, Chart D3.9 Location of Vehicular Hit. On the Turret Hit line, replace the symbol with =< so it reads Turret Hit:
TH DR colored dr < white dr.

Page 31, in the Overrun Flow Chart Defensive Fire Footnotes, along the left hand column, all of the footnote letters are missing.
They should be as follows
a TPBF vs unarmored...
b PATTC (D7.21)...
c Including SW Ordinance...
d Vehicle target facing...
e Non-CC RF...
f TH Case D....
g CCV reduced by...
h Automatic Ambush vs...

Back Cover Chart, in the chart symbols explanation, Switch the Sun symbol with the Triangle symbol. (or reverse them in the charts, but that is more work).
Add a Sun symbol on the 16 FP Row 3 and 20 FP Row 3.

Back Cover Chart, in the symbols' explanations:
1st Line, Change the ">" to "≥".
2nd Line, Change the ">" to "≥".
3rd Line, Change the "<" to "≤".
4th Line, Change the "<" to "≤".

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
P.5, Table C7.34 (. . . the HE & Flame one): to the far right, the left bracket for "AF NA" should scooch left and include the FT.

Source: from A22.34, ". . . AF do not affect a FT attack . . ."

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, are the Rat Pocket Charts getting reprinted sometime?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
So, are the Rat Pocket Charts getting reprinted sometime?
I seem to recall hearing from someone (Eben?) last weekend that they were in contact with someone at LFT about corrections and there was a comment made to the effect that "eh....it's the last revision anyhow". Now that MMP has thrown it's hat into the ring for this sort of thing, I could see that as the case.

We can only hope that MMP makes some badly needed improvements (e.g. page tabs enabling quick navigation for an otherwise questionably organized book).

I do like the official character of the MMP offering. It has potential. Just needs some tweeking.

Last edited:

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi Jazz and Listers,

I seem to recall hearing from someone (Eben?) last weekend that they were in contact with someone at LFT about corrections and there was a comment made to the effect that "eh....it's the last revision anyhow".
Since our latest RPC version included everything needed and what's more, MMP has eventually released this long awaited tool, as you wrote below....

Now that MMP has thrown it's hat into the ring for this sort of thing, I could see that as the case.
...that was the plan, not to release a 4th or 5th version of the Rat Charts.

Nevertheless:
We can only hope that MMP makes some badly needed improvements.
We are receiving quite a lot of emails asking us to include the errata found in our latest Rat Charts version, and publish yet another version.

An example: "...Tried using MMP charts over the weekend at our local tournament and it was just a hot mess. Meanwhile, everyone else in the room was just sailing along with your charts".

So time will tell but if the demand keeps growing, we will probably consider publishing an updated version with some more rats ;)

All the best,

X

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed the tabs are great especially flipping from the IFT and the blue charts. Personally the MMP charts are too big to lay in front of the playing area, we usually play on the standard rectangular folding-leg tables.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Ric. My home-made charts are based off of the Rat Chart footprint but are way too thick, as you imply :)