Rarest Counter?

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
The scenario was Red Don. Haven't seen that counter used before or since, and no one fell in the river, but I was prepared to start bombarding the empty river itself on the last turn just to get it on the table.
How did it happen? CH on an ice hex with a MTR or something like that?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've HoB's Hitler Berlin Red Vengeance (Blue), Fuhrer's Firemen (Black), and I think a CH Hitler. I've used one, once. HoB's version was a 6-0, the other an 8-0?

I've used a Fascine a very, very few times.

I've yet to use HP's T-100 or SMK or the corrected versions that came with Yanks 2.

The later ones are like the Uncle Adolph ones in that you should only use 1 each in any scenarios if you want to stay even remotely historical.

Who's for fighting between Hitler and his Black SS and a pretender Hitler and his Blue SS, Medieval style succession struggle?

EDIT: I've never used a Climbing counter.
Gotta try Purple Heart Draw (Even solitaire).

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
One of the rarely used counters for me is REVERSE MOTION as I can't recall many times I've tried to back up out of trouble and keep moving into the next turn. But, I tend to shy away from large vehicle counts, desert scenarios, etc. where this might be more commonly seen.
used a lot of times, for example when I try a motion attempt. And yes, me too usually stop the AFV and the end of the following mov PH.

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How about the Martin Borman counter in the CH Berlin module?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
How about the Sturmtiger's MA fired this turn and MA fired last turn counters? Who has ever fired a Sturmtiger?

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How about the Sturmtiger's MA fired this turn and MA fired last turn counters? Who has ever fired a Sturmtiger?
Eoin. Three times and he killed three Shermans.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
That's one of my great achievments: In a scenario with three Sturmtigers (HS32 A Few Rounds), I managed to land one hit. It was the last turn, and I lost the scenario, but I landed a hit with a Sturmtiger, and it felt like a win.

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's one of my great achievments: In a scenario with three Sturmtigers (HS32 A Few Rounds), I managed to land one hit. It was the last turn, and I lost the scenario, but I landed a hit with a Sturmtiger, and it felt like a win.
I played J100 For a Few Rounds More at our club meetup last month and fired the Sturmtigers probably a total of 7 times, with two hits. 1 time was a "near miss" against the upper level of a building. A leader was vaporized but the squad in the location passed the MC and the building survived. The second shot was against one of the American tanks and was a direct hit, which splattered it across the hillside. Definitely a satisfying experience! I did, however, lose the scenario on the final turn.