Range Penetration and Shell Type

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All non-AP shells from Guns and SW do not get the range modifications of plus 1 and plus 2 die to being AP. Clearly, PF, Piat, Bazooka, (German form too) 37L German-Hungarian, and finally the seldom seen Italian 47, do not receive this additional penetration. But I vaguely remember Anti-tank rifles not receiving this benefit. Both Don Carlucci and Don Deibler maintain that these have AP shells. The latter explained that their origins were from British and German elephant guns in the African colonies. Am I simply misremembering, and ATRs are AP weapons? Tim

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All non-AP shells from Guns and SW do not get the range modifications of plus 1 and plus 2 die to being AP. Clearly, PF, Piat, Bazooka, (German form too) 37L German-Hungarian, and finally the seldom seen Italian 47, do not receive this additional penetration. But I vaguely remember Anti-tank rifles not receiving this benefit. Both Don Carlucci and Don Deibler maintain that these have AP shells. The latter explained that their origins were from British and German elephant guns in the African colonies. Am I simply misremembering, and ATRs are AP weapons? Tim
Yep, and MGs are as well. See the second example after C7.24 as to MGs.