Random Selection Question

ChrisBuehler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I ran into this situation the other night while playing scenario 32 - Subterranean Quarry. I was attacking and achieved a 1KIA result on the 30FP column of the IFT. My opponent had 2 squads, 2 half-squads, and a leader in the stack. Further, one of the squads and one of the half-squads each possessed a flame thrower, subjecting these two MMCs to an additional -1 DRM yielding a 2KIA result. How do you resolve the KIAs using random selection? :nuts:

We weren't sure what to do at the time, so we agreed that one of the flame thrower possessing units would be eliminated using random selection and one of the other three units would be eliminated using random selection. The logic was that there was one KIA for everyone and one additional for the flame thrower carriers. What is the proper way to handle a situation such as this?

Thanks,
Chris

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The results are resolved seperately.

The squad and HS were given a 2KIA, so both die.
The remaining units received a 1KIA, so roll RS to find out who dies (and everyone else breaks).

It's dangerous stacking at the best of times, and it gets worse (as you can see) when you stack units that have different drms applying to them and your opponent rolls low.

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Reepicheep is correct. Note that if all four MMC had possessed a FT each, all four of them would have suffered a 2KIA, but since the -1 FT DRM is added individually to each MMC, they would have suffered 4 individual 2KIA results, automatically eliminating all four of them :crosseye: (in addition to the elimination of the leader who suffered a 1KIA).