Random Selection--light to dark dice arrangement

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I hope it comes with an official sequence of colours then ?top to bottom , left to right etc etc etc

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But what about random selection of the order of the random selection dice? You know, for extra randomness.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Very true but then maybe you should employ somebody to roll your dice for you .... and let them worry about randomisation

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Very true but then maybe you should employ somebody to roll your dice for you .... and let them worry about randomisation
Why should they worry about randomization? Now you have to worry about randomization and worry about them.

JR

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Then of course the one thing you have all forgotten about the colour blind and shade blind people that play , they need a set of dice with the colour printed on them so as they know the random order.......

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Personally I've outsourced my random selection die rolls. They are now all handled by a call centre in india.
I'm thinking of outsourcing my countermovement and tactics too. This should enable me to play the thousand or so scenarios on my play list.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I never* arrange this by the time you rustle up all the dice even to 5th degree, call the arrangement, repeat the call for clarity drop the dice, read the call...

I drop red and white and say red is X each drop...so if I have 4 items that need RS, and the DR goes 2, 4, drop 1, and then 1, 4 drop two then the 2nd and 4th are the ones that get RS... There are variations on the same theme...but it is not worth all the time and effort you just outlined...
I have my dice in sets of black, dark <color>, light <color>, 2xwhite. So I use 4/5, all of which are at hand. But fundamentally, I agree. GET ON WITH IT

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Call em by your flag of choice. "Red, white and blue" or others might go "Blue, white and red" or whatever. For those who stack heavily, you can easily add a 4th or 5th color.