Rally Points 15 & 17

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can someone tell me what sort of counter nomenclature the scenario cards for the two Korean War Rally Points use? (i.e. silhouettes or text only)

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't even notice until last night, "When did Schwerpunkt switch to graphics?"

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't even notice until last night, "When did Schwerpunkt switch to graphics?"
It's odd, they seem to be going back and forth. I have RP 14 and it has the more traditional silhouettes; but per JRV RP 15 switched back to text only.

Personally I find the text only scenario cards completely bland, and for some reason harder to "grok", so I avoid them. I know it's an odd reaction, but it's a reaction I do get all the same.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The text only works fine until you need to grab an unfamiliar vehicle.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the scenario is good I don't care if it's printed in toilet paper. Some of the early fanzine scenarios; At the Point, Rout Report, etc had much to be desired, but they were excellent and most importantly, available. We had slim pickings in the 90's. It wasn't until Mark Neukom came along with Time on Target to raise the bar (really high) on what scenario cards could look like.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The one area that matters to me with regards Scenario Cards is the map depiction. As ibnvalb said only when using unusual vehicles or vehicles with optional adamants, like AA MG, does the lack of a counter graphic matter. The more recent style of coloured maps, like what BFP and others do, do make a great difference, to me anyway, when groking a scenario.