Rally Point Voume #16: A World at War 1937-1945 is now available

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Below is a listing of the scenarios for Rally Point Volume 16: A World at War 1937-1945. Currently all issues of Rally Point and Schwerpunkt are available, although some of our older volumes are in low stock.

An order form is included at the bottom.

Available Now!

Rally Point Volume 16: A World at War 1937-1945 is a set of 10 all new scenarios that are set in World War II. These scenarios were originally scheduled to appear in Schwerpunkt Volume #24. Production of future volumes of Schwerpunkt is on hiatus for the foreseeable future, so the Tampa ASL Group decided to publish them in the pages of Rally Point instead. Each scenario was handmade and play-tested to the high standard players expect from the Tampa ASL Group’s fine craftsmen. Each scenario is presented in the Schwerpunkt easy-to-read format on high-quality card stock.

RPT151 Luodian LamentLUODIAN, China, 23 August 1937: Nineteen squads from the Chinese 66th Regiment attack to clear the defending 44th Japanese Regiment (11 squads) from the village on boards 10z and 70. This medium-sized 5.5 turn scenario is a tense all infantry action that features Chinese OBA.

RPT152 Shaken Not StirredVILLERS-MAREUIL, France 29 May 1940: Six R35 tanks and seventeen squads conduct a rare French combined arms attack to seize five buildings from twelve defending squads of the German 57th Infantry. This 4.5 turn scenario is set four half boards: 64, 65, 67 and 70.

RPT153 Run Gurkha RunASUN, Malaya, 11 December 1941: The title says it best. A company of Gurkha infantry is forced to withdraw across boards 17 and 72 while being hotly pursued by thirteen squads of the Japanese 11th Infantry Regiment and three supporting Ha-Go tanks. This 5 turn scenario has lots of exciting action that usually culminates in a Banzai charge near the end.

RPT154 Mars BeginsGREDIANKO, U.S.S.R., 25 November 1942: If you like fighting in the snow, this Eastern Front gem is for you. Twenty Russian squads supported by Lee, KVI and T-34 tanks attack to clear eleven German squads from the buildings on board 3a. This action-packed, 5 turn scenario (Designed by Mike Augustine) features German OBA and Russian rocket artillery.

RPT155 Schutzstaffel Shindig- GRUSCHKI GRAVE, West of Kharkov, Ukraine, U.S.S.R. 31 August 1943: In this 5.5 turn, medium-sized scenario, a company of ten Russian tanks (T-34s and a KV-2) from the 2nd Tank Corps attacks with infantry riders to clear two StuGs and two PzIVF2s supported by panzer-grenadiers of the 5th SS Panzer Division “Wiking” from the hills overlooking the roads on boards 18 and 61. This tank battle will test your nerves and require you to use all your tank fighting skills.

RPT156 Wiking Rescue- ZERCZYCE, and STACJA-NURZEC, Poland, 22 July 1944: Veteran Tampa ASL Group member, “Mountain Man” Dave Brown makes his designing debut with this unique scenario in which both sides get to attack. A full SS panzer-grenadier company mounted in halftracks and supported by Panther tanks from the 5th SS Panzer Division “Wiking” attacks to clear a farmstead and relieve the besieged Penal Battalion 560. Will the fifteen Russian squads and six SU-76ms from the 44th Rifle Division overrun their village before help arrives? This is an action-packed, 5.5 turn, scenario that uses boards 9a, 16 and 43.

RPT157 Ozarks and FrundsbergersRURDORF, Germany, 2 December 1944: A company of American infantry from the 102nd “Ozark” Infantry Division with five supporting Sherman tanks tries to out-flank and cut off the retreat of seven squads, an SPW251/22 and a PSW 234/3 from the 10th SS Panzer Division “Frundsberg”. This fast playing, 5 turn scenario is set on boards 53 and 72.

RPT158 Hungarian HetzersEBED, Upper Hungary, 6 January 1945: Eight Russian squads, four T-34s and an SU-85 from the 22nd Guards Tank Brigade attack to clear the village on boards 1a and 9a. Here, the Hungarian Division “Szent Laszlo” is defending with six squads and three Hetzers, one of which must exit the board. This 4.5 turn scenario is perfect for tournament play and has lots of tense action that is sure to go down to the last CC Phase.

RPT159 Lesson Learned in LessinLESSIN, West Prussia, 25 January 1945: The Soviet 9th Tank Corps attacks with a company of infantry, two IS-2s and four T-34/85s to clear elements of the 7th Panzer Division from buildings along a frozen lake. Hidden JgPz IV/70s on the opposite shore pour deadly flanking fire upon the attacking Russians, making this an exciting Eastern Front action in the snow. Mike Augustine designed this 5.5 turn scenario that uses boards 75 and 79.

RPT160 Willie und FritzMUSKAU, Poland, 10 March 1945: Elements of the Soviet 112th Rifle Division (17 squads) with two ISU 122s and four IS-2s execute a two-pronged attack to seize five buildings. Fallschirm Grenadier Regiment Hermann Göring defends this town with thirteen squads along with three Panthers and must simultaneously prevent the Russians from exiting two AFVs. This 5.5 turn scenario has multiple victory conditions and a unique tactical situation that provides a lot of re-playability. It is set on boards 2, 3b and 79.

Order Form 01/12/19
To order Schwerpunkt and Rally Point, send a check or money order in U.S. funds
payable to: Sherry Enterprises, P.O. Box 3, Ruskin, FL 33570

Schwerpunkt Volume #1: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #2: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #3: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #4: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #5: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #6: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #7: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #8: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #9: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #10: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #11: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #12: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #13: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #14: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #15: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #16: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #17: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #18: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #19: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #20: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #21: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #22: $31.00 _________
Schwerpunkt Volume #23: $31.00 _________

Rally Point Volume #1: $25.00 _________ An Axis Minors Special Study
Rally Point Volume #2: $25.00 _________ A Starter Kit Special Study
Rally Point Volume #3: $25.00 _________ Relics from the Schwerpunkt Archives
Rally Point Volume #4: $25.00 _________ Ruins of the Reich
Rally Point Volume #5: $25.00 _________ Thunderbird Pack
Rally Point Volume #6: $25.00 _________ Starter Kit Special Study II
Rally Point Volume #7: $25.00 _________ Schwerpunkt’s Greatest Hits
Rally Point Volume #8: $25.00 _________ Sons of the Rising Sun
Rally Point Volume #9: $25.00 _________ A Special Study of Boards 7a/b, 8a/b, and 9a/b,
Rally Point Volume #10: $25.00 _________ The Best of Pete Shelling
Rally Point Volume #11: $25.00 _________ Heroes and Knights
Rally Point Volume #12: $25.00 _________ Schwerpunkt’s Greatest Hits II
Rally Point Volume #13: $25.00 _________ The Yanks Are Coming
Rally Point Volume #14: $25.00 _________ The 1940 Campaign in the West
Rally Point Volume #15: $25.00 _________ Special Study I of the Korean War
NEW: Rally Point Volume #16: $25.00 _________ A World at War 1937-1945

U.S. orders please add $8.00 for 1-6 volumes, for shipping and handling. U.S. orders for each additional multiple of 6 volumes (fractions rounded up) add $8.00 (Example: for 7 volumes within the U. S., shipping is $16.00).

Canadian Orders please add $25.00 for 1-6 volumes for shipping and handling.
Canadian orders for each additional multiple of 6 volumes (fractions rounded up) add $25.00 (Example: for 7 volumes to Canada, shipping is $50.00).

United Kingdom and Europe please add $34.00 for shipping and handling for 1-6 volumes. Foreign orders for each additional multiple of 6 volumes (fractions rounded up) add $34.00 (Example: for 7 volumes to France or Great Britain, shipping is $68.00);

All other Foreign orders
please add $35.00 for shipping and handling for 1-6 volumes.
Foreign orders for each additional multiple of 6 volumes (fractions rounded up) add $35.00 (Example: for 7 volumes to Australia, Japan & the Pacific, shipping is $70.00);

For large (over 12 copies) orders delivered within the USA email Evan Sherry at EvanSherry@aol.com for a discounted shipping rate.

Shipping Rate: $_________
Florida Residents must add 7% State Sales Tax: $_________
Total Enclosed: $_____________

Name: __________________________________________________

Street Address: ____________________________________________

City: ______________________ State/Region: __________________

Postal Code/ZIP: _____________ Country: _____________________

E-mail: __________________________________________________

If you do not like licking stamps and writing checks, the full line of our products is also available from our good friends at:

The Gamer’s Armory (supplying the USA and the World)
https://gamersarmory.com/

Noble Knight Games
https://www.nobleknight.com

Second Chance Games (supplying the U.K. and Europe)
https://www.secondchancegames.com:7081/

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I knew China in 1937 Was part of the World War 2 Era, did not realize it was part of WW2?

(1 Sep 1939 - 2 Sep 1945 is the usual accepted frame for WW2)

It does look like a diverse and interesting bunch of Scenarios, will be buying

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I knew China in 1937 Was part of the World War 2 Era, did not realize it was part of WW2?

(1 Sep 1939 - 2 Sep 1945 is the usual accepted frame for WW2)
I don't think that anyone is trying to re-write history but when you step back and look at it, the 1st attack in the WW II era is at Shanghai. Japan was on it's conquest run at this point and would not stop until 1944.

In the Western world the attack on Poland starts WW II but the attack on Shanghai could be argued as the opening salvo.

Shanghai 1937: Stalingrad on the Yangtze by Peter Harmsen is a very good book on the subject

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I thought the part about no more schwerpunkt mags was more interesting

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I thought the part about no more schwerpunkt mags was more interesting
That the WW11 Era began in 1937 is a good approximation; some might say 1936 even say in Spain, to say WW2 began in 1937 is not the common view of history.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That the WW11 Era began in 1937 is a good approximation; some might say 1936 even say in Spain, to say WW2 began in 1937 is not the common view of history.
True, it really did not become a true world war until the entry of the United States on 7 December 1941 (declared or not). Until that time the actions were just regional conflicts, albeit some pretty significant ones. Just say'n.;)

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
True, it really did not become a true world war until the entry of the United States on 7 December 1941 (declared or not). Until that time the actions were just regional conflicts, albeit some pretty significant ones. Just say'n.;)
Ah the old "We are the world" line :).

Prior to December 7th though the US was funding the UK war effort to the extent of being a participant

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Only just caught up with RP number 15. Maybe in a year I'll have this....

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Is there any real difference between Schwerpunkt and Rally Point? I can understand burnout after play testing for 20+ years but the guys are still producing it seems. Plus the Ghurkha trilogy gets its fourth episode! That can only be good. I'm glad those guys are doing Korean stuff too.

World War II started on 3rd (not 1st) September 1939. As soon as France and Britain were involved - that's not a parochial view. The war immediately extended to all the world's oceans and both empires far flung possessions became combatants. Every continent had a horse in the race - e.g French North Africa, Indochina, NewCaledonia, Canada, India, Australia. Antarctica doesn't count. South America had the Graf Spee business. From a geographic as opposed to a military/economic perspective adding the United States (2.5 years later as usual) is pretty minimal in making it a world war.

But who would care about using a 1937 date? Aaron get a life .That goes for everyone including me who ventured an opinion....

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Is there any real difference between Schwerpunkt and Rally Point? I can understand burnout after play testing for 20+ years but the guys are still producing it seems. Plus the Ghurkha trilogy gets its fourth episode! That can only be good. I'm glad those guys are doing Korean stuff too.

World War II started on 3rd (not 1st) September 1939. As soon as France and Britain were involved - that's not a parochial view. The war immediately extended to all the world's oceans and both empires far flung possessions became combatants. Every continent had a horse in the race - e.g French North Africa, Indochina, NewCaledonia, Canada, India, Australia. Antarctica doesn't count. South America had the Graf Spee business. From a geographic as opposed to a military/economic perspective adding the United States (2.5 years later as usual) is pretty minimal in making it a world war.

But who would care about using a 1937 date? Aaron get a life .That goes for everyone including me who ventured an opinion....
China counts.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Spanish Civil War had Germany and Soviet Union play testing combined arms doctrine.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Guess I'll wait for second chance to get this in, $34 shipping for a $25 item .................... and still no PayPal option

Last edited:

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Schwerpunkt has designers notes, a strategy for both sides, and articles.

Rally Point has a thumbnail strategy for both, and that’s it.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
A useful addition ahead of the tournament season

I prefer the Rally Point format to the Schwerpunkt one.The perceived quality of scenarios is the decisive element to buy it or not.

When MMP released its AP6 'A decade of war (1936-1945)', i don't remember anyone complained. More scenarios in China is not a bad thing.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

I prefer the Rally Point format to the Schwerpunkt one.The perceived quality of scenarios is the decisive element to buy it or not.

When MMP released its AP6 'A decade of war (1936-1945)', i don't remember anyone complained. More scenarios in China is not a bad thing.
More scenarios in China is an excellent thing, the world was at war for a long time

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't begrudge anyone for their desire for The Tampa guys products. For me though, nothing longer than 5.5 turns is a bummer. As a guy who frequently makes setup mistakes, this type of scenario generally leaves me no time to fix my own errors.

JMO. Enjoy though!

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States

I have most of the SP issues, but only 2 of the RP. In which ways do you find the format to be different? Thanks!