Rally Point Volume #17: Special Study II of the Korean War is now available!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Apparently there is a CPVA play chart. Does anyone have a link?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
As far as I know, it's a two-sided piece of paper, i.e. one can't create a link to it on the interwebs.

JR
???? you have got me. You mean it is not on file?

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finished RPT166 - We Are Friends yesterday with James conceding after my turn #5. I had KIA'ed two Shermans and Immobilized another, and had taken all 4 buildings south of the river. He didn't have enough infantry to take the buildings back. I was helped by a Sniper = 2 to pin one Norweigian squad then rolled a 1 when he rolled random selection and he rolled doubles, so another squad was broken. This kept his major reinforcing stack from getting close to the buildings.

During the AAR we discussed what to do as the U.S. I think you need to run the U.S. infantry back to the buildings and let the AFVs fend for themselves. There's so many CPVA units that if you keep the U.S. squads back to help the AFVs will they will slowly get whittled away to nothing (which is what happened).

I highly recommend this scenario as it's not a run-of-the-mill type scenario. And I highly recommend The Forgotten War and the Rally Points #15 and #17. My buddy James said he's immediately going to order FW as he enjoyed how the Chinese are represented and the KW SSRs (Light Woods, Rice Paddies, Steep Hills, etc.) The Infantry Platoon Movement is a unique puzzle, but the Bugles and Recon units help. Also if you fail your TC (-1 to TC if Bugles have sounded) the squad/HS can still move one location, so it's not as bad as if a radioless AFV had failed its TC to move away from its group.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
.... Also if you fail your TC (-1 to TC if Bugles have sounded) the squad/HS can still move one location, so it's not as bad as if a radioless AFV had failed its TC to move away from its group.
You will also find most likely that quite soon your CPVA MMC will fall into 1 of the many EXC which allow semi-normal movement....EX within LOS and 4 hexes of a VC hex/enemy unit...etc...

So the CPVA is not that complicated.

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rally Point 15: Special Study I of the Korean War is currently low in stock. We will not get it reprinted until January if we run out. So, if you want Rally Point Volume 15 in time for a Christmas gift, I suggest you order it soon from your favorite retailer.