Rally Point Volume #17: Special Study II of the Korean War is now available!

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah, I thought likewise. So the nature of the scenarios are essentially the same. The difference is the article and the analysis.
You and Michael R. are correct. My only other add is that Rally Points tend to be theme based, while the (recent) Schwerpunkt editions are a mix of actions.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Between Rally Point Volumes 15 and 17 we have added 20 new KW scenarios to the system. We have therefore doubled the number of KW scenarios available to ASLers.
As an avid ASLer with a pretty keen and growing interest in the Korean war (probably read a dozen books or so), I doff my cap to you, sir.

My copy is on the way from Gamers' Armory.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a great addition to the KWASL scenario library. But there are still so many aspects of this conflict that have not been touched yet.

I know, go design scenarios. And I have.

But there is still so much to be covered.

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are purchasing Rally Point Volume #17: Special Study II of the Korean War and you don't already have Special Study I, do yourself a favor and get it too while you're at it. The Gamer's Armory, The Noble Knight, Second Chance Games, Battle School and Key's Games will be very happy to help you with your ASL needs.

Last edited:

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a great addition to the KWASL scenario library. But there are still so many aspects of this conflict that have not been touched yet.

I know, go design scenarios. And I have.

But there is still so much to be covered.
Well, give me 23 more years of designing and 30 years of playing and I'll take a stab at it.

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Tampa ASL Group will not be at ASLOK. So if you want a copy of Rally Point #17 while you are there, make sure you stop and see our good friend, Scott Blanton, of The Gamer's Armory. He will be at ASLOK to supply you with all of your ASL needs.

Last edited:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ordered RP 17 yesterday (already own RP 15). I hope you reconsider splitting 1-2 KW scenarios into future issues of SP and finish your trilogy of KW scenarios with a final 10 scenarios in RP 19.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
No Schwerpunkt Mag this year?

(Just ordered RP#16 & 17)

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Currently playing RPT166 - We Are Friends. Haven’t played in 3.5 years, but the combo of the KW module, the uniqueness of the Chinese and the cool scenarios in RP #17 has brought me out of retirement. There’s 5 ‘must play’ scenarios in RP #17.

Resuming play today after 1.5 turns last night. I’m the CPVA and have KIA’ed one AFV so far. The Norwegians come on next. Like the valley of death feel and how the CPVA attack from 3 sides.

The Chinese are the most interesting nationality to play since the Japanese all those years ago, but so far are much more challenging to play because of their restricted movement, non Prep firing, (1) Grenadier squads, etc.