Rally Point #52 Death Rattle - Victory Conditions (Full ASL with "?") Questions

Earl_8minus0

Reaction score
First name
Earl
Country
llSouth Korea
Group

Rally Point #52, Death Rattle is from the SK pack of scenarios that are also designed for full ASL.

With that dual thought process in mind.

The 'Victory Conditions' or "Mission" is for "the British win at game end if there are no Good Order German (non-vehicular crew) MMC(s) in any multi-hex building on/between hexrows H and P.

The German's start with 6.5 MMC's to protect 4 buildings on board S versus 8 MMC's of British - not to mention all the '45 German toys.

Question - given the above victory conditions we are not talking about 'Control' such that the German's have 'Control' at start per A-26.14 and 26.11- but that they actually have to have a MMC in the building(s) at game end - Correct?

Plus given the ELR and SAN data and that the scenario can be played/designed for full ASL - does that include all things full ASL such as "?" gain/loss?

OK last questions for now - we should finish up shortly and will be back with your thoughts as we are playing it now for the second time and not really understanding the situation. But that is nothing new as I have never been one to figure out the perfect set up or attack for a given scenario.

More to follow once the last die roll is made.

Later,

Earl

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Rally Point #52, Death Rattle is from the SK pack of scenarios that are also designed for full ASL.

The 'Victory Conditions' or "Mission" is for "the British win at game end if there are no Good Order German (non-vehicular crew) MMC(s) in any multi-hex building on/between hexrows H and P.

The German's start with 6.5 MMC's to protect 4 buildings on board S versus 8 MMC's of British - not to mention all the '45 German toys.

Question - given the above victory conditions we are not talking about 'Control' such that the German's have 'Control' at start per A-26.14 and 26.11- but that they actually have to have a MMC in the building(s) at game end - Correct?
More than have a MMC, the MMC must be good order. That means that if on the last turn a German MMC is engaged in Melee, that MMC does not count. But you are correct that neither building, hex nor location control affects the VC.

Plus given the ELR and SAN data and that the scenario can be played/designed for full ASL - does that include all things full ASL such as "?" gain/loss?
Yes, I think the pack should be take at its word. Bypass, SAN, withdrawal from Melee, and the rest of the ASL experience.

JR

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
From what i remember in this pack ELR and SAN levels are set so that there are not too many differences between SK and Full play in terms of feel. Of course the introduction of concealment may tilt the balance a bit.

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've played it using ASL rules (including, of course, concealment). I've also used it as a beginning scenario for a couple
of new players (the Brits get 2 AFV and the Germans 1, IIRC). They enjoyed it. It's a nice scenario.

indy