Rally Point #15: Special Study I of the Korean War is now available

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Once more objectivity fails you...KWASL is not mine. I was merely one of 5 designers, and I didn't have line item veto.

KGS is not for you b/c you can't be bothered to read and learn a very modest set of rules to contend with a very unique battle which lasted 5 months. The loss is all yours Scott, not mine. I do not need validation from you.
Truly, Kampfgruppe Scherer is a masterpiece of ASL design.
Thank you very much!

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got mine today, 2 days from Gamers Armory!

I have not really had a chance to look at it much.

Glad to see the 2 ROK scenarios. The number of published ROK scenarios just doubled!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Will order when I can play KWASL

However I did play 2 scenarios from KGS. Thoroughly enjoyed both and wont hesitate to play more. The rule design really gives it a historical feel and prevent it from being "just another design".

Love it.

Then again, I am sure i will like these RP Korea scenarios as well

Kenneth P. Katz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In scenario RPT 142, Coordinating Instruction 4 refers to an American 9-2. In the American OB, there is no 9-2 but there is a 10-2. Which is correct?

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In scenario RPT 142, Coordinating Instruction 4 refers to an American 9-2. In the American OB, there is no 9-2 but there is a 10-2. Which is correct?
Kenneth,
The OB is correct. The American 10-2 is Heroic.

Evan Sherry
Editor, Rally Point

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Once more objectivity fails you...KWASL is not mine. I was merely one of 5 designers, and I didn't have line item veto.

KGS is not for you b/c you can't be bothered to read and learn a very modest set of rules to contend with a very unique battle which lasted 5 months. The loss is all yours Scott, not mine. I do not need validation from you.
MMP alone had veto power over every part of Forgotten War and Chapter W, although we absolutely listened to the designers, playtesters, and proofers.

The credit goes to those listed on page H226, but the buck stops with us.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The CVPA are my favorite part of this module. I love light infantry and these have a unique flavor that takes some skill to use well. It was the peak of self taught Chinese communist tactics backed up by communist indoctrination to be part of this fighting force. Give them some good cover (like steep hills) overwhelm all foes, especially at night. But they will take some heavy losses too. Beware rate of fire weapons and open ground.

Kenneth P. Katz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, I am a rocket scientist!

Barely anybody plays your stuff because it is usually over engineered. I would luv to play KGS but boy you really went over the top with the chrome. Perhaps with your next project, you can tone down the complications so not 5 or 6 people play your designs but everybody.

KWASL is not a total disaster, the ROK and NKPA are fairly straight forward which really surprised me since the rest of the module had some serious chrome to deal with. Anyway, you know as well as I do that the chinese did not have to be as complicated as you and your fellow rocket scientists designed them to be. Boy am I glad you guys were not incharge of the initial ASL design, nobody would be playing this game if that was the case.